Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 17 Kitchen sink storm/obs

Typhoon Tip

8 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

about an inch and moderate snow. 

Hate to do this for the measurement but went to bed when I hit 1 inch in Easton.

Was still snowing but the town south of me Fairfield was already mixing at 34.

So I can only go with 1 inch even though could have been more.

WTF happened? Our hill got smoked this morning. Woke up around 4:30 to some decent winds and about 4" of cement. From 5-5:15am the winds went wild. We had a thunderstorm this summer go through with 60+ mph gusts and I would say it approached that. Multiple trees down in our neighborhood and about 200' of power wires are down lining yards and the road. Limbs and broken trees in yards. Currently have a cop blocking off our street. No estimate on power as the winds are still gusting. Rest of town has power and all good.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

WTF happened? Our hill got smoked this morning. Woke up around 4:30 to some decent winds and about 4" of cement. From 5-5:15am the winds went wild. We had a thunderstorm this summer go through with 60+ mph gusts and I would say it approached that. Multiple trees down in our neighborhood and about 200' of power wires are down lining yards and the road. Currently have a cop blocking off our street. No estimate on power as the winds are still gusting. 

You get some better mixing there?  That's crazy, hope you get power back quickly.  Going to get cold tonight.

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I am at the top of the hill in Columbia which has quite a bit more than the 6/66 interchange. I would estimate based on what was at my house and what looks like the same here of 2 to 2.5 snow fell here.

Yeah based on the slush on my car, that seems reasonable. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You get some better mixing there?  That's crazy, hope you get power back quickly.  Going to get cold tonight.

I was mentioning the downslope component of the mtns the other day. I think some of that is occurring as cold air forces up and over the high elevations where it’s ticking warmer. Almost becomes katabatic and boosted by strong LLJ. 

• Thanks 1