• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS-NOWCAST for a multi impact main event 4PM today - 8A Monday Jan 16-17, 2022 with post storm minor snow accumulations possible Noon-Midnight Monday evening.

wdrag

Looks like a high of 36 will do it here - close but enough to avert a zr disaster.  Went from heavy snow to heavy sleet to heavy rain overnight with gusty winds.  Now light rain is falling.

The refreeze on this one is going to be epic, with the ground is frozen solid the water is ponding all around on top of the snow, where we walk the dog, etc.

3 hours ago, wdrag said:

By the way: Not sure anyone has noticed, and I stand corrected, but no coastal flooding NJ Coast to sw side of LI as far as i can tell. Wind shifted and lessened prior to high tide and not enough duration of gale force winds. We are at high tide now... there could be some pockets of minor in there but overall at the standard tide stations used prior to 2018, no flooding as far as i can tell. 

Max wind at airports that I saw was ~57MPH at JFK - 250AM, with many reports in the of gusts in the 50-58 MPH range for LI. I se the Blue wave report above and I did not check marine platforms. Back midday with CoCoRaHs assessment of snowfall and qpf. 

SE Light at Block Island gusted to 72 mph at 5:49 am.  Another nearby station on Block Island gusted to 71 mph at about the same time.  The stations that I follow on Fire Island gusted to between 40-45 mph overnight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gpsnavigator said:

Looks like a high of 36 will do it here - close but enough to avert a zr disaster.  Went from heavy snow to heavy sleet to heavy rain overnight with gusty winds.  Now light rain is falling.

The refreeze on this one is going to be epic, with the ground is frozen solid the water is ponding all around on top of the snow, where we walk the dog, etc.

I think anyone with more than. 3 inches on the ground now has a good chance of seeing an inch or more on the ground thru Ground Hog Day. Just need a new storm for I-95.    Going to be easier now to drill 4 degrees down to NYC some time. Next week.   

• Like 3

It started as nice snow but within an hour had raindrops mixed in. The snow proceeded to get heavier, as did the mixed in rain and now sleet too, and I ended with between 4 and 5 inches before the flip to all sleet and rain. That lasted 15-20 minutes and then it turned to wind driven rain for a while. By sunrise it was 37-38* and drizzling, by 8 when I got out with the shovel it was downright miserable. 

Get out there and scrape this down to pavement because when it freezes up it's gonna suck if you haven't.