• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS-NOWCAST for a multi impact main event 4PM today - 8A Monday Jan 16-17, 2022 with post storm minor snow accumulations possible Noon-Midnight Monday evening.

wdrag

7 minutes ago, lee59 said:

Yea I am in levittown about a 1/2 mile north of Hempstead Turnpike near the Wantagh Parkway. It is snow here but probably not for long. I looked at numerous observations south of the pike and they are like you near 36-37 degrees. I am 32.5.

It is my understanding that there is ice covering at least parts of Great South Bay.  If that is true that might help you folks out on the island to hold on to the cold air for a little longer.

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

As of 7 pm, we have a whole 1/4" of snow and intensity has increased to moderate - may get the 1" of snow before the changeover, as it's still 28F and above freezing temps and sleet still look to be 20 miles SE of me.  

Anyone know what happened to the old Sacrus tracking images thread?  Used to love that thing...

We have 1/2" as of 8:00 pm with continuing light to moderate snow, but it's now 31F and the radar shows the mix line almost at the Raritan, about 5-10 miles from me, so maybe another 30-60 minutes of snow?  Very slick out there, as all surfaces are covered, given how cold the ground was.  I imagine there could be some accidents out there if people weren't expecting any snow at all.  

For the record, the HRRR has been showing this starting off as snow pretty much all afternoon...

Use the clown maps at your own risk.  But it's straight up false to say it didn't have this starting off as snow for an ay least an hour via the 21z run.

29/25.5 in Wilton, light snow.

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

I think its ok to acknowledge this was a little colder than modeled? I think everyone realizes this is mostly going as scheduled. 

Depends on which model. Here's what the HRRR had this morning for right now:

image.png.57415162824ad6ee944914a508537cdf.png

I'm a big stickler on revisionist history in this field and will call it out every time.

• Like 1