• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS-NOWCAST for a multi impact main event 4PM today - 8A Monday Jan 16-17, 2022 with post storm minor snow accumulations possible Noon-Midnight Monday evening.

wdrag

13 minutes ago, hooralph said:

Enjoyed the gorgeous night snow and brief moment of zen before changeover on the UWS. Riverside Dr. completely snow covered.

2022011619281734-5190185332902276278-IMG

2022011619281734-5463642224788395140-IMG

2022011619281734-4137240777741215183-IMG

Not bad..snow isn't sticking much where I am in the bx, coating on some cars but mostly just wet otherwise

4 minutes ago, lee59 said:

I just saw a report from Seaford long Island only about 4 miles to my southeast that it is raining. I just looked at temps in the region and south of Hempstead Tpk. route 24, temperatures are in the mid to upper 30s and apparently raining, north of the turnpike it is the low 30s and snowing.

I’ve got two weather stations at the house both at 36. I see all the reports across the island saying snow.. it is rain here. I am just about a mile north of sunrise hwy. 

6 minutes ago, lee59 said:

I just saw a report from Seaford long Island only about 4 miles to my southeast that it is raining. I just looked at temps in the region and south of Hempstead Tpk. route 24, temperatures are in the mid to upper 30s and apparently raining, north of the turnpike it is the low 30s and snowing.

That gradient won't last very long.  The HRRR has been pretty good at modeling this coastal front

2 minutes ago, tdp146 said:

I’ve got two weather stations at the house both at 36. I see all the reports across the island saying snow.. it is rain here. I am just about a mile north of sunrise hwy. 

Yea I am in levittown about a 1/2 mile north of Hempstead Turnpike near the Wantagh Parkway. It is snow here but probably not for long. I looked at numerous observations south of the pike and they are like you near 36-37 degrees. I am 32.5.

1 hour ago, wdrag said:

HRDPS impressive I80 north.  watch it if Thunder snow gets going up here along the NYS-PA border. I  like its colder scenario but I'll defer to the fact that I may in error. Am expecting snow thru midnight in Sussex County NJ and possibly back and forth mix rain/snow to S+ between 1A-3A. 

I have moderate snow down here in Bethlehem Twp, PA with almost 1” new.  Models have been dropping hints for days regarding the dynamics associated with this system.  I would definitely agree that there is positive bust potential in the I80 corridor in NW NJ and NE PA.  This is shaping up to be a very interesting night out here and places further north.

46B91B44-DF09-4CE6-8578-DE1ED6070496.jpeg

• Like 2