• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.

Ginx snewx

1 hour ago, bristolri_wx said:

All the models are having difficulty this winter.  Clearly there's something going on with data ingested and such in accurately modeling east-coast snow storms this season.  The problems may be related the increased resolution across the board on all the global models.

Commercial flights have rebounded from 2020, but still aren't close to pre-covid levels...still something around 25% lower. I don't see how that wouldn't have an effect.

Cool graphs to play around with https://www.flightradar24.com/data/statistics

37 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Does this qualify as the euro crapping down its leg? I’d certainly say so. It was the only model consistently showing a big hit for Saturday.

This is a good question.  They caved at d4 so maybe not especially if they nail the pattern for the d4-5 period now.  All I know is this didn’t happen in the old days

15 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Owners and players are both holding firm on their positions....there has been no movement by either side in nearly 7 weeks. The owners are likely looking at a 3rd consecutive season that will be impacted by covid.

These negotiations most times seem to resolve closer to start time, so this is no different.  Pitchers and catchers are still scheduled to report about one month from now, so we'll see.  Players are not paid in spring training as I understand, so they won't be losing anything if they hold out longer.  The owners have more to lose with revenue loss.

8 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

These negotiations most times seem to resolve closer to start time, so this is no different.  Pitchers and catchers are still scheduled to report about one month from now, so we'll see.  Players are not paid in spring training as I understand, so they won't be losing anything if they hold out longer.  The owners have more to lose with revenue loss.

They’re locked out of camp.   Period unless there’s a breakthrough.  Where are they going to report to?

• Ginx snewx changed the title to Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.
  • ORH_wxman unpinned this topic