• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.

Ginx snewx

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yup, but I got flamed for posting it got worse. People don’t want to hear the truth, so it’s not even worth giving your thoughts.

I think some people might feel that there is a "broken clock is right twice a day" dynamic at play

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yup, but I got flamed for posting it got worse. People don’t want to hear the truth, so it’s not even worth giving your thoughts.

I'm not going to put lipstick on a pig, If its not looking like its there, I'm going to tell it like it is, If i'm wrong, I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, JC-CT said:

I think some people might feel that there is a "broken clock is right twice a day" dynamic at play

Maybe, but people didn’t like it last storm either, and that ended up a dud as well.

Im not going to get into semantics with people. No other guidance has any real interest in the threat and the euro got worse at 6z. Those are indisputable facts.

Maybe the euro at 12z is zonked and we start to get more support; but that currently is not the case 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Maybe, but people didn’t like it last storm either, and that ended up a dud as well.

Im not going to get into semantics with people. No other guidance has any real interest in the threat and the euro got worse at 6z. Those are indisputable facts.

Maybe the euro at 12z is zonked and we start to get more support; but that currently is not the case 

there's always the next [model fantasy] one!

Just now, dryslot said:

I'm not going to put lipstick on a pig, If its not looking like its there, I'm going to tell it like it is, If i'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Yeah, I don't BS around when I'm looking at models.  Tell it like I see it.

And verbatim the GFS is ever so close to a huge hit on the 24th.  Need to sharpen up the trough a tad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yeah, I don't BS around when I'm looking at models.  Tell it like I see it.

And verbatim the GFS is ever so close to a huge hit on the 24th.  Need to sharpen up the trough a tad.

If some don't like to hear it, Then they can ignore me......lol, That one wouldn't take much on the 24th, I think the Euro is focused on the wrong one., We shall see.

• Like 3

People love to bully models in here.  Models are tools with known biases.  We are lucky to have so many tools to help us play this game we call who's weenie gonna get snowed on.  Saying the Euro sucks doesn't add to the constructive discussion in here.  Waste of a post....every time.  That being said, I think that this one is out to sea.  Nothing stopping it's longitudinal progression.   But ona positive note, we got a nice blocking high!  Too bad the low doens't look to be in a fighting mode.  Just gonna quietly slip away.

• Like 1

One thing people should keep in mind, especially when thinking about after the 22nd, is that model continuity is pretty poor right now regarding these shortwaves over the CONUS. Even at 60hrs out, there are some pretty big changes happening from run to run...more than we saw with the last system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snowgeek said:

People love to bully models in here.  Models are tools with known biases.  We are lucky to have so many tools to help us play this game we call who's weenie gonna get snowed on.  Saying the Euro sucks doesn't add to the constructive discussion in here.  Waste of a post....every time.  That being said, I think that this one is out to sea.  Nothing stopping it's longitudinal progression.   But ona positive note, we got a nice blocking high!  Too bad the low doens't look to be in a fighting mode.  Just gonna quietly slip away.

I'd much rather have 1 really good model that can be relied upon than several mediocre models. 

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

GFS looks fine for the 24th to me? I don’t get the wailing and gnashing of teeth at this range. 

It's a defense mechanism for many on here to whine. The GFS actually improved a little for 1/22 even though it still misses. Bit I do think the 1/24 threat has more room to work with even though there are still some minor spacing issues with the 1/22 wave ahead of it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Cmc is not even close

You’ll have a good stretch soon, stay with us friend.

Just now, JC-CT said:

One thing people should keep in mind, especially when thinking about after the 22nd, is that model continuity is pretty poor right now regarding these shortwaves over the CONUS. Even at 60hrs out, there are some pretty big changes happening from run to run...more than we saw with the last system.

Yup. We maybe get a more consolidated system on the 24th as a result. We’ll see. Until then, patience amongst the sea of chaos.

• Like 3

• Ginx snewx changed the title to Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.
  • ORH_wxman unpinned this topic