• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.

Ginx snewx

Just now, PhineasC said:

Well, it'll probably be gone on future runs but I get what you are saying. ;) 

Yeah I’m pretty skeptical of this 1/22 storm right now. Euro basically on its own here. In the past, I’d really give it a lot more respect because it’s nailed storms so many times at D5 while being on an island by itself but it hasn’t done that too much in the past 2-3 seasons. 

Still, it’s the best model so can’t totally discount it. I’m sure the EPS will like it since they weren’t bad at 06z either. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

How many of those snow maps have you posted since November???....and how many storms  have produced the snow shown on those maps???....The "batting" average is well below the Mendoza line...

C’mon pal..it’s a weather thread. Somebody asked what storm, and he showed them.  I think you’re being a lil harsh now. If you don’t want to discuss what the model shows…that’s cool, and just stay out of the thread until you feel it’s time for you. 

We all have mentioned the caveats…at 5-6 days out. If nobody can understand that, then that’s on them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

Yikes I’m flying in for my cousins wedding that’s slated for Saturday in CT. Grew up just south of Torrington. Crazy that I haven’t been in this sub forum for a decade now, after moving to VA l, but I see the same exact people I remember chatting with. Pretty awesome. Glad everyone is doing ok 

• Like 4

image.thumb.png.6c846eff04d02cbef3881f33af6f9c0a.pnglook how far west that ridge is, I don’t buy the out to sea solutions at all. If anything the concern would be an inland runner due to the lack of blocking and positioning of the ridge, but fortunately the phase looks to happen later than it did for the storm that just happened. When we have the best model on board for a big storm, it shouldn’t be ignored. It’s not like it’s 10 days out either, this run of the Euro has blizzard conditions in eastern mass just 5 days out, and it had a big storm though a bit se last run too. The Canadian has also had the storm off and on, right now it’s a bit se but it does have a low.

The last 2 storms were modeled decently. I mean, what model do you want to see a storm on, and if there is one, where do want to see the storm at this range?  Is it better for the like the navgem to have an apps runner? Does that mean we get a storm in the metroplex?   Come on this is a decent signal.  

• Like 1

I think folks are missing the point, as usual. And it’s the usual suspects as always.

The point is, it brought a system back. It could be fantasy too? We all know that’s a distinct possibility.  But there’s potential, and more potential behind it too..with lots of cold around. Outside of that idea, there nothing more to gleam from this at the moment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

image.thumb.png.6c846eff04d02cbef3881f33af6f9c0a.pnglook how far west that ridge is, I don’t buy the out to sea solutions at all. If anything the concern would be an inland runner due to the lack of blocking and positioning of the ridge, but fortunately the phase looks to happen later than it did for the storm that just happened. When we have the best model on board for a big storm, it shouldn’t be ignored. It’s not like it’s 10 days out either, this run of the Euro has blizzard conditions in eastern mass just 5 days out, and it had a big storm though a bit se last run too. The Canadian has also had the storm off and on, right now it’s a bit se but it does have a low.

I agree

A coastal hugger is more likely than a whiff

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

I think folks are missing the point, as usual. And it’s the usual suspects as always.

The point is, it brought a system back. It could be fantasy too? We all know that’s a distinct possibility.  But there’s potential, and more potential behind it too..with lots of cold around. Outside of that idea, there nothing more to gleam from this at the moment. 

How did today work out? Did you get those 600 miles in east ticks to make this a nice snower?

I think this is less about people being pessimistic and more about people willfully burying their head in the sand because they don’t like what they see.

We get it, there is potential. I think people are sick of shoveling delusion and potential this year though. It’s the end of January, it’s getting tiresome.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

• Ginx snewx changed the title to Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.
  • ORH_wxman unpinned this topic