• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.

Ginx snewx

1 hour ago, BombsAway1288 said:

It's just one threat after another (except for 1) trending the wrong way. No reason to think that theme is gonna change this year. If it happens, I'll happily swallow my pride and admit I was wrong but there are just no signs of that happening.

Agreed though on a break. Need it for regrouping

We can keep changing the title of this thread and keep pushing it out in time, maybe that will work.  :lol:    Meanwhile, in the longer term, we can watch as the GFS sends system after system to swim with the fishes.

5 hours ago, codfishsnowman said:

I'm missing my late Pom today, he loved the snow

My girl ( Pom ) now 17 years old. But when she was at her Prime, she always loved the snow.. Would actually dive into it to where she would disappear..lol.

Now her time is truly coming to the end.... And im just loving every moment she is here. So, I truly get you 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

With that type of reasoning, there’s Also no reason to think that it won’t improve. Ya know, law of averages…

But I get it, it’s easier to be negative, and go along with the tenor so far…it’s human nature.  Maybe it full on rats? But I’m thinking no on that at the moment. And If I’m wrong, I’ll also gladly defer to your idea, and admit I was wrong.  

Hang in there pal. 

Thanks. 

Sry to waste a whole post on saying that but I can't react to any posts for some reason. Can a mod help me fix that btw? I've been trying to get it fixed for years by sending messages via the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page but never get a response. Not sure what's wrong or if there is some stupid setting I don't have on but it's driving me nuts at this point lol. Please help!

19 hours ago, Digityman said:

Hey, me too!  Built mine in 2009.  It must have been one of the last one's they built.  

Mine was built in 1975 (we bought it in May 1998) and it was the builder's first house.  Some things weren't done quite right.  The V-match pine floors were face-nailed rather than toenailed on the tongue edge, and we had nails working up and snagging socks until we had laminate installed on much of the area.  The plywood sheathing only reaches within 3/4" of the top plate on the back wall - why they didn't add the 4-inch strip to close off the opening I don't know, but that left a wide come-hither to small rodents.  Th back bedroom (now our computer room) had an unpleasant aroma on warm days when the sun was shining on it, and when we re-did the room in fall 2018, we found the fiberglass insulation was chewed into small bits.  Also, the bottom 3-4" of the cavities were accumulated mouse pee/poop with a reek that was staggering.  We found a spray designed to kill the stench, and multiple applications followed by baking soda took away nearly all of the smell.  We replaced the fiberglass with Rocksil, which is supposed to deter mice.  No smell so far but only 3 summers.  Our location in the woods is hard to beat, however.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, tamarack said:

Mine was built in 1975 (we bought it in May 1998) and it was the builder's first house.  Some things weren't done quite right.  The V-match pine floors were face-nailed rather than toenailed on the tongue edge, and we had nails working up and snagging socks until we had laminate installed on much of the area.  The plywood sheathing only reaches within 3/4" of the top plate on the back wall - why they didn't add the 4-inch strip to close off the opening I don't know, but that left a wide come-hither to small rodents.  Th back bedroom (now our computer room) had an unpleasant aroma on warm days when the sun was shining on it, and when we re-did the room in fall 2018, we found the fiberglass insulation was chewed into small bits.  Also, the bottom 3-4" of the cavities were accumulated mouse pee/poop with a reek that was staggering.  We found a spray designed to kill the stench, and multiple applications followed by baking soda took away nearly all of the smell.  We replaced the fiberglass with Rocksil, which is supposed to deter mice.  No smell so far but only 3 summers.  Our location in the woods is hard to beat, however.

I appraised a house last summer where they had to tear down a whole wall of the house and redo it because of mice, left unchecked they can wreak havoc.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tamarack said:

Wow sorry to hear that.  The crew that put ours  together was actually an older crew. It was their last house they were doing before they retired. I was here the whole time as it was being built and kept a close eye.   Once the shell was completed. My wife and I did the rest of the work which took us about a year and a half.  

3 hours ago, Digityman said:

Wow sorry to hear that.  The crew that put ours  together was actually an older crew. It was their last house they were doing before they retired. I was here the whole time as it was being built and kept a close eye.   Once the shell was completed. My wife and I did the rest of the work which took us about a year and a half.  

The room is certainly odor free this morning, as it got down to -19.  :D