• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.

Ginx snewx

39 minutes ago, BrianW said:

47 and sunny with no brown here. Just fired up the lawn thread as I did my first lawn work today pulling weeds under the deck.

Screenshot_20220119-122858_Ring.jpg

That’s like another planet to me right now but all in New England.  Crazy.  That’d be like T-shirt weather after -15F this morning.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s mild right up to Concord NH.

It’s starting to erode here.  It’s 10F warmer on the other side of Mansfield.  Warmth pushing into CPV.

But check out that gradient from MHT to Coos County.  Also up in the St Lawrence Valley… like under 10 miles from 14F to 34F. 

D5EA3C80-41B7-40B9-B489-D84B3EA21691.thumb.jpeg.92b2f2b52da3972e29a412c9fd960ec2.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Me too especially after my 14 year old grand daughter texted me about it being on Facebook and wanted to know why I was on a  x rated magazine cover. Remember that is only part of the picture that was posted. Hey having fun here is absolutely fine but when people take stuff off board and it affects my family then the old protector comes out. You know me Garth I am totally chill but that incident almost caused me to leave this place. Totally not cool

Yeah. I don't remember seeing it on FB, only here.  I may have, but just don't remember it there.  Not sure why that would even be a facebook thing since it would have only been geared to us weather weenies.

53 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Holy shit, I'm about to start just ignoring the Euro suite.

Yeah... I'd caution folks not do that heh.  I realize there's some snark comedy going on with it right now - not sayin' it ain't exactly earned, either.  But we all blow it sometimes, and once the local hemisphere exits this 72 - 96 hour window, that needs to "reset" expectations. The look out there in the latter/deeper mid range is different in total so it's apples and oranges at either end of that span of time.  

Let's also be fair, the Euro corrected by 84 hours. A bit shallow for some tastes, and frankly, a bit out of character considering it's longer term verification profile, too. But, that's not nearly as bad as though it still carries it say ... spooking offices into headlining. The solutions dumped 3 days in advance. 

I think - not necessarily you per se but the general engagement in here ... - there is this tendency to impugn a guidance if they don't persist with dramatic solutions.  It's getting into that aspect where where it seems the resentment is really about modeling experience ahead of time, and not having that be tainted, than it is the actual storm. 

29 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Up to 26F here now, really nice and feels balmy.  Up over 40 degrees from the minimum.

Cold has frozen the River out back for the most part…

590170E0-6769-48D0-8C75-628CE4C1F461.thumb.jpeg.f2e2ee57a0b517297f6cf677838642d3.jpeg

But the wildlife gathers around the few open water areas.

92D97EAD-F1D4-440C-BB8E-EACCE8D72072.thumb.jpeg.874354f4d42e47623316b787859b4cb6.jpeg

2E3233FD-99F5-467B-ABE6-AB1CCE783BCA.thumb.jpeg.63e58445f4fbb2665b9c8e7d48f6d497.jpeg

Does your dog automatically roll and pose in the snow as soon as the camera comes out, like Pavlov's dog salivating when he rang the bell? ;) 

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Does your dog automatically roll and pose in the snow as soon as the camera comes out, like Pavlov's dog salivating when he rang the bell? ;) 

No she does it for a full hour in what is the slowest 3-mile loop because she never walks…. Just rolls.  Turn around and she’s 100 yards back legs up in the air having a blast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Is there a pattern thread someplace buried in here?

I remember there used to be a Pattern thread and a separate Model thread for each month in winter.  That helped keep all the noise that comes with every model run out of the insightful Pattern thread.  More "work" for the mods but was nice for the reader.

4 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

At this point, I think I would rather not have any big dog show up on the models. We're only going to get pumped up for it for a couple of cycles only to be completely let down when the eventual rug gets pulled out. Story of this lost season.

What a dud. On to April with warmer temps. 

On to April on 1/19…?  Holy smokes some are shook. And cuz April is just so dandy in SNE…misery mist and raw dampness. Ahh ya, that sounds great.

Time for some to Step away, and take a break.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

On to April on 1/19…?  Holy smokes some are shook.

Time for some to Step away, and take a break.  

It's just one threat after another (except for 1) trending the wrong way. No reason to think that theme is gonna change this year. If it happens, I'll happily swallow my pride and admit I was wrong but there are just no signs of that happening.

Agreed though on a break. Need it for regrouping

53 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No she does it for a full hour in what is the slowest 3-mile loop because she never walks…. Just rolls.  Turn around and she’s 100 yards back legs up in the air having a blast.

I had a lab that always did that in the snow too, she loved snow, I remember getting some 20 inch storms and I'd open the door and they'd be a big drift in front and she would just plow through and run all around, miss that dog so much, bigger snow wienie than me.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

At this point, I think I would rather not have any big dog show up on the models. We're only going to get pumped up for it for a couple of cycles only to be completely let down when the eventual rug gets pulled out. Story of this lost season.

What a dud. On to April with warmer temps. 

The big dogs will happen late this season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

It's just one threat after another (except for 1) trending the wrong way. No reason to think that theme is gonna change this year. If it happens, I'll happily swallow my pride and admit I was wrong but there are just no signs of that happening.

Agreed though on a break. Need it for regrouping

With that type of reasoning, there’s Also no reason to think that it won’t improve. Ya know, law of averages…

But I get it, it’s easier to be negative, and go along with the tenor so far…it’s human nature.  Maybe it full on rats? But I’m thinking no on that at the moment. And If I’m wrong, I’ll also gladly defer to your idea, and admit I was wrong.  

Hang in there pal. 

• Like 1

• Ginx snewx changed the title to Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.