• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.

Ginx snewx

So.. With the last storm... It seemed to me that the GFS handled it better much sooner than the Euro.  I guess we can argue that the Euro has also beat out the GFS as well with other storms. I almost think they are both onto something and the 22nd and the 24th might be converging into 1 storm where they both meet eachother in the middle. We'll see I guess.

Just now, WxFreak11 said:

With such a great pattern it’s so f’n frustrating. Inland runners or suppression storms. Hopefully we get one good storm before the pattern flips.

that's my point though, the pattern flipping is what often triggers a big one. just hope it's not a cutter lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's a defense mechanism for many on here to whine. The GFS actually improved a little for 1/22 even though it still misses. Bit I do think the 1/24 threat has more room to work with even though there are still some minor spacing issues with the 1/22 wave ahead of it.

I think its a mix....whining about events that have yet to happen is a defense mechanism, but whining about the past is the venting of frustration.

40 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

One thing people should keep in mind, especially when thinking about after the 22nd, is that model continuity is pretty poor right now regarding these shortwaves over the CONUS. Even at 60hrs out, there are some pretty big changes happening from run to run...more than we saw with the last system.

Of course, the fluky interaction the produced a cutter was locked and loaded from several days out lol

• Like 2

This is like a cross between looking at the Gulf coast sector winter threat page and the image of buddy who has had 8 drinks , dates big ladies and is telling you how Great this one looks 

please euro taketh away the hopium 

it isn’t a “defense mechanism “ I really dont  think this storm can be twisted as likely 

• Ginx snewx changed the title to Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.
  • ORH_wxman unpinned this topic