• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.

Ginx snewx

35 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I am new to New England, but you seem to live in a terrible screw zone just based on me observing models. LOL did you check out climo records before moving there? Just a bad stretch of years?

It's a bad stretch....I mean, not a lot of JPs here like ORH country and the south shore, but I average over 60" for a reason. I last cleaned up in 2017-2018.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 512high said:

Tip, for YOU to say pretty confident in the 23/24th , all ears!, any thoughts if this would remain all snow for us, or will this taint? I'm with Ray, this one doesn't deliver, I too will be shaking my head in disgust .

I'm confident, too...just like I was with this last one, and this season as a whole dating back last fall, but 'alas....

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm confident, too...just like I was with this last one, and this season as a whole dating back last fall, but 'alas....

well ... "confident in an event"  ...  It may be helpful for these long lead threads to put in bold italics that the goal is to nail down storm at all, when the purpose is for early awareness.  

Anyway, 512 asked about snow this or rain that, unfortunately ... that's a process of discovery that comes later on. 

I should also back-peddle on term usage in all honesty. I had "reasonably confident" in mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

well ... "confident in an event"  ...  It may be helpful for these long lead threads to put in bold italics that the goal is to nail down storm at all, when the purpose is for early awareness.  

Anyway, 512 asked about snow this or rain that, unfortunately ... that's a process of discovery that comes later on. 

I should also back-peddle on term usage in all honesty. I had "reasonably confident" in mind.

No, I totally get what you mean. As frustrated as I am, I never for a second allowed that to cloud my perception of the job you and Steve did at identifying the threat at advanced lead times...confident in a storm doesn't mean confident in snow in a given BY.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Tip, like I said in some other thread earlier, pretty sure this one when GINX started it, why not? Maybe a "ways" off but the rate this winter is going as you say "for snow enthusiasts " what the hell,  like I said the chase is great , a roller coaster daily on model runs, just want the out come to be great for all.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

GFS totally lost the storm too. Might want to just delete this thread and try again later.

Actually that might be a good thing…the losing of the storm is almost always what usually happens at some point.  That didn’t happen to this current one…and look what’s gonna happen for most of SNE. :weep: 

Let’s see if it pops back up by Tuesday? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Actually that might be a good thing…the losing of the storm is almost always what usually happens at some point.  That didn’t happen to this current one…and look what’s gonna happen for most of SNE. :weep: 

The OPs are going to waiver at this range..I don't see the big deal. 

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

GEFS say not to worry your pretty little tushy off.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

06z EPS trying for 1/22-23 but a little wide right on the mean. You can see plenty of westward members though. 

957E0319-3DFD-4967-AAAC-567D64536017.png

B6F1A313-D207-4CF0-8EC6-3D9AE398A32B.png

and in the means we can also see it goes north into the GOM which is good for most of us.  A track near or inside the BM that goes into the GOM is a great storm for most all of us.

• Ginx snewx changed the title to Arctic cold and new threat emerges for the 26th. Patience Grasshoppers.
  • ORH_wxman pinned this topic
  • ORH_wxman unpinned this topic