Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 16-17, 2022 MLK storm obs/now cast

George BM

6 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

It’s essentially showing how similarly the various hydrometeors (precipitation) are reflecting radar energy back to the radar. When it’s a uniform red color, they all are quite similar. Right now, that means all snow. Later, you’ll see a bright yellow and green line cutting through. That’s where there’s a lot of mixing and different types of precipitation droplets/particles. 

Looks like that line is busting through right now. 

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I know. My wife pisses me off about that. I put everything up the weekend before Thanksgiving. She takes everything down the weekend after New Years. I would leave my Christmas stuff up year long if she would allow it. 

My husband is the same way. We switch to winter right after NY’s. It’s too depressing to take the lights down. We switch the tree to all blue, white, and silver. Stays up thru March!

448E9674-C9DD-4E30-A0AC-A60C229554BA.jpeg

BFC493E4-CAB6-49BA-9A37-5CFE529F6D37.jpeg

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, jayyy said:

My brother said it’s about 50-50 snow/sleet in OEC. Sleet in Columbia. Pingers imminent for sure. 70 acts as a bit of a barrier with increased elevation north of it, but Expecting snow until about 8 here before we flip as well. 

Just started sleeting now. Probably got about 3 inches before the flip.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SnowBeach said:

My husband is the same way. We switch to winter right after NY’s. It’s too depressing to take the lights down. We switch the tree to all blue, white, and silver. Stays up thru March!

448E9674-C9DD-4E30-A0AC-A60C229554BA.jpeg

BFC493E4-CAB6-49BA-9A37-5CFE529F6D37.jpeg

Love it! I leave lights on top of my kitchen cabinets, and along the stairwell banister. Cozy and cheery! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MDSnowyWxTracker said:

Good luck, hopefully it holds a little longer for you.  A bit on queue per the models for me. 

i think it's a wrap soon.   i did just check and don't hear pingers yet.  pretty good band moving through, but it's football time now.  curious how hagerstown does though in a setup like this.

• Like 1