• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 16-17, 2022 MLK storm obs/now cast

George BM

Still 21.2F here with snow, 3-4 inches at least I'd say.  NWS really needs to drop the "eastern/western loudoun" fetish they have with these new forecast zones.  Eastern Loudoun often ends up with warning criteria yet under an advisory.  I'm west of Dulles but in their "eastern loudoun" zone.

• Like 1

Plus, I get a text forecast with this particular brand of language abuse:

Rain, snow, and freezing rain before 3am, then a chance of rain between 3am and 4am, then a chance of rain and snow after 4am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 30. Northeast wind 13 to 16 mph becoming south after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

So, the snow could be heavy at times, but it will accumulate less than an inch?  Okay, I'd like to see how that works.

• Haha 4

Just now, Herb@MAWS said:

Been ripping in Columbia for at least past 90 mins. when I first noticed. Have also had a few biting in-your-face wind gusts. Temp has gone up 1.4 in last hour to 24.7. A few quick measurements of about 2-1/2”, plus or minus. 

Matches my measurement well. Going to measure again when we start to mix.

• Like 1