Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 16-17, 2022 MLK storm obs/now cast

George BM

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

My partner asked me to go outside to get a photo of the winter margarita on the deck in the snowstorm for his Instagram. The things we do for our SOs :P

Also, winds gusting in the 40s making for blizzard conditions at times.

e199568e160fa8d6d79e8126f6ba16e0.jpg

Don't let that glass fall...or get blown off the railing!!

• Like 2

Just now, jacindc said:

I don't know why people are always in a hurry to take down lights. Leave em up and you get such pretty tableaus when it snows!501230d3dd54fec6c491dd1dfee3284f.jpg

IMO the lights should stay up for the whole winter. It always makes for amazing scenes on a snowy day like today.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

My partner asked me to go outside to get a photo of the winter margarita on the deck in the snowstorm for his Instagram. The things we do for our SOs :P

Also, winds gusting in the 40s making for blizzard conditions at times.

e199568e160fa8d6d79e8126f6ba16e0.jpg

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

@nj2va we’ve been getting absolutely hammered here. Conditions rivaling some of our best storms back home. I’d say probably 5-6” depending on location? 

Same here… and I can definitely attest to it looking like a blizzard at times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacindc said:

I don't know why people are always in a hurry to take down lights. Leave em up and you get such pretty tableaus when it snows!501230d3dd54fec6c491dd1dfee3284f.jpg

I haven't taken mine down yet because I've been lazy but I turned off the timer... your pic is making me want to go turn them on even though the neighbors will look at me like I'm Clark Griswold 

2 minutes ago, jacindc said:

I know. My wife pisses me off about that. I put everything up the weekend before Thanksgiving. She takes everything down the weekend after New Years. I would leave my Christmas stuff up year long if she would allow it. 

• Like 7

I know. My wife pisses me off about that. I put everything up the weekend before Thanksgiving. She takes everything down the weekend after New Years. I would leave my Christmas stuff up year long if she would allow it. 
I took down the really Christmas-y stuff, but the lights are going to stay up at least into March. I did it last year and neighbors said it really helped with morale during the pre-vaccine times in January and February.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

@nj2va we’ve been getting absolutely hammered here. Conditions rivaling some of our best storms back home. I’d say probably 5-6” depending on location? 

Yeah, this is legit.  Pouring snow and definitely the best winds of the day - a mix of pixie dust, smaller flakes, and dendrites.  Temp is still only 12.  I’d say 5-6” is a safe bet - if upslope meets expectations, we’d easily be on the upper end of the 12-18” forecast.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacindc said:

I keep the candle lights in my windows and the wreath on the door but take down all my indoor decorations.  So I can get a good Christmas card pic of the house in the snow!  Still big, wind-whipped flakes here near the changeover line.  21 degrees.  

• Like 5