Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 16-17, 2022 MLK storm obs/now cast

George BM

Just now, nj2va said:

It doesn’t matter how many times I’m outside in snow but I’m always in awe of the quiet and peace listening to the snowfall. Sitting on the glider under the awning watching the snowfall.

50d710561f2c43c50f8b5604043b29f0.jpg

That's one of my favorite parts of a snowstorm. Not only does it change how everything looks, but it also changes how everything sounds

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

It doesn’t matter how many times I’m outside in snow but I’m always in awe of the quiet and peace listening to the snowfall. Sitting on the glider under the awning watching the snowfall.

50d710561f2c43c50f8b5604043b29f0.jpg

Yes. I love the sound of snow falling. It is the most underrated part of snowstorms in IMO. 

• Like 2

Just now, SnowenOutThere said:

Temperature (knock on wood) has held steady at 21 degrees since around 1pm or when the snow started falling. Starting to think we could see a pretty serious ice storm later today or maybe we go full weenie mode and say we get a lot more snow.

Venturing a guess - but once the surface winds shift and change from being what they currently are (NE or NNE) - the temps may start to respond fairly soon after that. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Looks like sleet starting to show on CC north of RIC on lwx radar. Dox radar shows it from Cambridge to Solomons. The fight will be on soon. 

Let’s get the yellows here first and I’ll be happy.  Awesome day

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

24f and SN.

Enjoyed a few hours working on trees destroyed in the Jan 3 storm. Mostly hollys.

Carnage! I went on a hike this am near the patuxent river in SOMD. hollies down everywhere, some medium sized ones literally split in half at the trunk in the woods. Where's your shot from?

• Like 1