Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 16-17, 2022 MLK storm obs/now cast

George BM

54 minutes ago, The Ole Bucket said:

I live on a main road in Cville so my chief focus through the midday will be when the road caves.

They pretreated the ever-loving-hell out of the main arteries. And the 5th Street Station (large strip mall) parking lot this morning was filled with linemen and their trucks ready to deploy for any power outages. Must have been 30 trucks there.

Leaving work over there last night , saw about 10 or 12 Teco electric trucks , which I believe are from the Tampa area getting off 64 at Shadwell..

I’m a SE Poster …. But just as a heads up for you all…. I’m 30 miles N of Charlotte…. Last nights HRRR nailed it…. I’ve yet to switch to FRZN and I’m at 24 degrees still about 4” of SN/IP on ground it was alone last night showing this scenario while everything else had cut me down to at most an inch or so. Idk if same will play out for you all but goodluck down the line! Reel it in and let’s bring the big one next Weekend 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

20/10

Powered through the usual Sunday chores to set up shop in my favorite chair, in front of my bay window for the rest of the day. Enjoy the snow, for those who see it. Sorry for those who don’t. 

It’s past noon so an adult beverage might add to your comfort

• Thanks 1