• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 16-17, 2022 MLK storm obs/now cast

George BM

Looks like all of the models are on board for a significant winter event for most of us. Regardless of the what the final totals end up being I'm excited to watch the event unfold. Heavy snow at least for a time on a Sunday with playoff football on the TV is a huge win in my book. Hope everyone enjoys their day!

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Quite the interesting read this morning.  All this talk of the NAM joining the party interspersed with Intercourse, Climax, Tightsqueeze, Blue Ball, etc.  Sounds like a @ravensrule road trip to me!!!

There's also a Climax in Michigan.  I remember that because a friend of mine from Purdue landed a job somewhere outside Detroit, and I was helping him move.  We got a good laugh passing by that while driving along I-94

The shaft on my car broke down last time i was on this road trip. I'm thinking it was probably all the pounding of the roads and the overuse. 

• Haha 3

My bar for this event in Columbia, even if snow gets washed away in the end:
Less than 3" total snowfall = BUST
3"- 4" -- Decent, all things considered
4"- 6" -- Better than I would have expected, all things considered
> 6"   -- BOOM

Ground coated/covered white after storm ends and it looks like winter outside:  That's all I really ever hoped for.

Morning low 10.3 around dawn.  Up to 16.6 at 10:15am.  Need clouds to hold tough and need snow to roll in quickly today.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1