Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 16-17, 2022 MLK storm obs/now cast

George BM

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Air is damn cold for our area so pretty dense dome to push out of here. More often than not, surface hangs longer than expected in these setups. Nothing can stop the 850mb push tho.

As part of the infrastructure bill we need a seawall built from NC to Ocean City up to the 850 level.  That should do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Only in Virginia lol

CE035518-6AF6-43CB-8F57-F9A4D58EC9D8.thumb.jpeg.ecfcbdd756255fc874c1531c4f75cdde.jpeg

Lol, I actually stop in Tightsqueeze for gas sometimes when I drive down 29 to Atlanta.  And I stop mainly because of the name!  Interesting history, actually.  That town basically invented the drive thru back in 1870!  

“The community of Tightsqueeze got its name due to the construction of two buildings close to a road that connected Chatham and Danville during the 19th century. In 1870, W. H. Colbert built his general store close enough to the road that women could go straight from their carriages to the store without getting muddy or dusty.

Soon, another merchant, Isaiah Giles, built a blacksmith-wheelwright shop directly across the road from the general store. It, too, was on the road's edge. Due to the closeness of the two buildings, buggies and wagons had to slow down as they passed between the two buildings. Thus, individuals were told to slow down for the "tight squeeze" where the two stores were located.”

(from Wikipedia)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I always wondered if you jumped on Blue Ball Road off 95 in NMD and headed south, would you eventually end up on Morningwood Drive in Olney?

It’s always been confusing and frustrating that intercoure and bird in hand, PA are so close.

17/6, awaiting to enjoy whatever falls today.

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I always wondered if you jumped on Blue Ball Road off 95 in NMD and headed south, would you eventually end up on Morningwood Drive in Olney?

I used to live on that blue ball road in n md. The area was also called pleasant hill! Anytime I ordered something over the phone, the person would chuckle 

14 minutes ago, Swiscaster said:

Lol, I actually stop in Tightsqueeze for gas sometimes when I drive down 29 to Atlanta.  And I stop mainly because of the name!  Interesting history, actually.  That town basically invented the drive thru back in 1870!  

“The community of Tightsqueeze got its name due to the construction of two buildings close to a road that connected Chatham and Danville during the 19th century. In 1870, W. H. Colbert built his general store close enough to the road that women could go straight from their carriages to the store without getting muddy or dusty.

Soon, another merchant, Isaiah Giles, built a blacksmith-wheelwright shop directly across the road from the general store. It, too, was on the road's edge. Due to the closeness of the two buildings, buggies and wagons had to slow down as they passed between the two buildings. Thus, individuals were told to slow down for the "tight squeeze" where the two stores were located.”

(from Wikipedia)

If that happened today, it would just be a lawsuit waiting to happen. Cool history though!

Quite the interesting read this morning.  All this talk of the NAM joining the party interspersed with Intercourse, Climax, Tightsqueeze, Blue Ball, etc.  Sounds like a @ravensrule road trip to me!!!

There's also a Climax in Michigan.  I remember that because a friend of mine from Purdue landed a job somewhere outside Detroit, and I was helping him move.  We got a good laugh passing by that while driving along I-94

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TSG said:

Just ran to the store and it is COLD out there

17/1 in Charlottesville

Can confirm it is cold. Midwest cold.

I love it.

But within reason. I will enjoy the upcoming icebox even if we don't have a pretty white landscape to go with it. But what I appreciate about the Mid-Atlantic is that you get these brief spells of deep winter... it doesn't last foreeeevvvverrr like it does in MN or WI.