• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 16-18th Major Synoptic Snowstorm- Observation Thread

On radar, it looks more like this precip. shield is moving slightly more to the east than north. I don't really see that dry slot making it the whole way up here. I could be totally wrong in my analysis, but it seems there's a little resistance in it moving so far north. @vortmax, some of this could be related to it not being as amped as the Nam was showing.

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

On radar, it looks more like this precip. shield is moving slightly more to the east than north. I don't really see that dry slot making it the whole way up here. I could be totally wrong in my analysis, but it seems there's a little resistance in it moving so far north. @vortmax, some of this could be related to it not being as amped as the Nam was showing.

Still little more than pixie dust here.  The Sizzle Slot will not be denied!! ;)

59 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

What a beast. Good luck out there. I’m actually in Albany a few days. Snowing nicely here. 

WoTMurl.jpg

Local Albany met says the coastal low formed 50 miles east of progged and bumped up accums in eastern NY up a few inches.  Expecting 8 to 12 here now. 

• Like 3