• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 16-18th Major Synoptic Snowstorm- Observation Thread

18 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

NAM 3k wants to develop a secondary deformation band. It’s now cast time. Fingers crossed the sleet is short lived. Dynamic cooling for the win? I LOVE THAT it finally snowing! Give my Asperger’s a rest with obsessing over each run. image.thumb.png.0eb4ad01a50d7ce48b5768ee70ed7b13.png

Doesn’t it seem odd that a strong storm that has been organized for so long, and has a connection to the Caribbean, has such a spotty precipitation field?  This storm is so weird.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tim123 said:

3km

Screenshot_20220116-212222_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hey man…we get it…ur gonna get 12+ inches of snow and your maps are constantly IMBY.  Watching your IMBY posts for a week, it’s exhausting.  Was in Buffalo 2 weeks ago when 3’ hit and see you got a nice amount at the airport(pics).  Love the passion but 95% of this forum doesn’t live in ****ing Rochester!

We do need a constant reminder that you guys are in the bullseye and gonna laugh my ass off when you are getting sleet with the deformation bands.  Jk

I have been here for years, most in silence to learn, but when you post every goddam map with your backyard as the “bullseye”, it just tiring.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Hey man…we get it…ur gonna get 12+ inches of snow and your maps are constantly IMBY.  Watching your IMBY posts for a week, it’s exhausting.  Was in Buffalo 2 weeks ago when 3’ hit and see you got a nice amount at the airport(pics).  Love the passion but 95% of this forum doesn’t live in ****ing Rochester!

We do need a constant reminder that you guys are in the bullseye and gonna laugh my ass off when you are getting sleet with the deformation bands.  Jk

I have been here for years, most in silence to learn, but when you post every goddam map with your backyard as the “bullseye”, it just tiring.  

Eat it buddy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Hey, nice to see you post. I was wondering if you were still around. I heard the Bville plows out already. They sure do a great job!

1 minute ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Someone always wins and someone always loses. I definitely appreciate the posters from other areas but it’s hard not getting excited/ anxious for this. Sorry about the hyper focus on Rochester. It’s been a long dry spell for us. Hope you guys get surprised! 

• Like 4

All snow here and nice flake structure still. Band isn't quite as organized here it appears as it is to the west toward Elmira/Corning. Little more diffuse here. Could be the shadowing off the Catskills and Poconos that some of the models were showing perhaps or maybe just not as good of lift.

37918991_WUNIDS_map-2022-01-16T214506_317.gif.1e8e3250c7bb0c0ce42d0746f9fbf3ca.gif

• Like 1

Just now, BGM Blizzard said:

All snow here and nice flake structure still. Band isn't as organized as it is to the west toward Elmira/Corning. Little more diffuse here. Could be the shadowing off the Catskills and Poconos that some of the models were showing perhaps?

37918991_WUNIDS_map-2022-01-16T214506_317.gif.1e8e3250c7bb0c0ce42d0746f9fbf3ca.gif

Watch out with the my backyard posts. Some people are touchy. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2