Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 20-22 “bring the mojo” winter storm threat

lilj4425

6 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

They need to hire Huffman. 

Elizabeth Gardner was a Fishel prodigy at WRAL. Ole Gregg still lives on in her.  I've been reading her forecast posts for friday and saturday for 3 days and she has tried everything to avoid saying the word snow.  Mentioning model solutions that showed rain and freezing rain.  Only today do they seem sorta kinda on board.

22 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

That looks nearly if not identical to yesterdays WPC graphic…. Apparently they’ve seen nothing to change their mind 

My guess is that they believe the NW shift is inevitable. Webber has been hinting all day that there’s nothing to stop it and it’s more likely to happen than not. Going to be an interesting 48hrs, no doubt.

8 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

How does this guy have so much met street Cred? I’ve been on here since 2013 and see his name every storm and he’s never been right on anything or remotely close. I hope ppl don’t actually pay this :clown:

He's fine. He throws enough models/jargon around to give off a "hey kid, let me show you what's really going on" kind of vibe but explains it well enough to be accessible to the public. He can be a jerk but I think people actually kind of like that schtick sometimes. But I think he generally knows what he's talking about and my Richmond friends really like him. I think every region has "their guy". For CLT it is Panovich. For a while in RDU is was Fish. For RIC I think it's DT moreso than a lot of the broadcast people simply because he's been savvy on social media for a decade now. I also like his snow map designs... Usually pretty clean and easy to read (but usually about 20% overdone lol)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ILMRoss said:

He's fine. He throws enough models/jargon around to give off a "hey kid, let me show you what's really going on" kind of vibe but explains it well enough to be accessible to the public. He can be a jerk but I think people actually kind of like that schtick sometimes. But I think he generally knows what he's talking about and my Richmond friends really like him. I think every region has "their guy". For CLT it is Panovich. For a while in RDU is was Fish. For RIC I think it's DT moreso than a lot of the broadcast people simply because he's been savvy on social media for a decade now. I also like his snow map designs... Usually pretty clean and easy to read (but usually about 20% overdone lol)

Wish he would incorporate more spellcheck products into his forecast

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

tbh Huffman and Eric Webb are pretty good for RDU.  Robert as well (wxsouth) can't go wrong with any of em