• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Storm Izzy Obs Thread

I  picked up an inch of fluff on the back side.  I'm calling it 5.5 inches of snow/sleet. Highest measured snow depth was 5 inches due to compaction from sleet in between snow. It's easy to see b/c I  can measure below and above the sleet/crust layer now and know what I lost to compaction. (measured 4 inches before sleet picked up, and snow under the crust layer only 3 inches now).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, burrel2 said:

I  picked up an inch of fluff on the back side.  I'm calling it 5.5 inches of snow/sleet. Highest measured snow depth was 5 inches due to compaction from sleet in between snow. It's easy to see b/c I  can measure below and above the sleet/crust layer now and know what I lost to compaction. (measured 4 inches before sleet picked up, and snow under the crust layer only 3 inches now).

Burrel,

that backside snow just arrived in my backyard.  Moderate snow at the moment.  Would be nice to pickup another 1/2” or so..

This backside pivot looks amazing.  Not sure who, but somebody is going to get another inch or two if they are in the right spot as all that precip back into AL rotates through.  There's a nice blob coming right up I85 towards the Triad and then quite a bit more after that tonight.  I won't call this an overperformer here, but it was certainly a nice event.....just different than expected.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

This backside pivot looks amazing.  Not sure who, but somebody is going to get another inch or two if they are in the right spot as all that precip back into AL rotates through.  There's a nice blob coming right up I85 towards the Triad and then quite a bit more after that tonight.  I won't call this an overperformer here, but it was certainly a nice event.....just different than expected.

KVegas- I’d say definitely an over performer for us from a temp perspective. Still sitting at 27.1 when almost every model had us 30 or above by 5 pm. Hoping to get a nice topping from the backside bands a little later. 
TW

• Like 3

Rain has all but ended for us. Picked up 1.95". Intense band of rain came thru this afternoon along with some wind gust above 30 mph. Power flickered for a bit during the worst of it. Wind has died down since the rain stopped thankfully. Felt very much like a tropical system to us.

• Like 1