• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Storm Izzy Obs Thread

I  can measure a snow depth of 4.5 inches on the car top now. We had 4 inches from the first round of snow and probably around 3/4 inch of sleet but that compacted down to about 4 inches of "snow depth" and now we've gotten a 1/2 top coat of powder on that and still ripping. cha ching! Biggest storm here since the 5.75 inches I  got in January 2011. and other than that it's the biggest storm here since Jan 1988.

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

I  can measure a snow depth of 4.5 inches on the car top now. We had 4 inches from the first round of snow and probably around 3/4 inch of sleet but that compacted down to about 4 inches of "snow depth" and now we've gotten a 1/2 top coat of powder on that and still ripping. cha ching! Biggest storm here since the 5.75 inches I  got in January 2011. and other than that it's the biggest storm here since Jan 1988.

Burrell, you nailed it brother! Only you and believe it or not the WC had heavy snow on the upstate overnight. WC had 5-8 inches by morning in Six Mile... First thing this morning we had 8 inches on the ground! Starting to snow hard again!

• Like 1

All's quiet for now in my area. Been having a good bit of sleet falling throughout the latter part of the morning after the good front-end thumping of snow that came through. Up to 3" in total for that. Not as windy as I thought it'd be, though.  Currently 30/28. Waiting to see if what's going on back west will pivot through here for the afternoon before the storm pulls away during the evening.

14 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

All freezing rain/rain now near South Park. Good amount of run off so we’re very close to 32 if not above it.

Point/click says 1-2 inches more of snow before the storm is done, but I’m not seeing it. 

There is a solid cold column of air associated with the shortwave disturbance tied to the upper-level low (ULL). It will be very unstable so any precipitation will be mostly snow if it develops around the ULL. It is difficult to forecast for shortwaves as they are situational based