• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Storm Izzy Obs Thread

0430 - Finally! We're at 32 here at the hospital, seeing our first dusting on the sidewalks. Precip is still intermittent between snow/ice/zr, but when it snows, it sticks. If the trend continues, I can look forward to slush on the way home, and hopefully pure snow when I take my son out to play post-work-nap!

0600: Winds have picked up tremendously. We're seeing 40mph gusts here and the precip has mostly stopped for now. Temps are below 32 but they feel way lower due to the wind. Some ice and snow has refrozen into straight ice on the grass, but I can only see a small amount since we don't have alot of that around here. Shift ends at 0700 so I'm very curious to see what the rest of the area looks like!

i'm at 3.5 inches of accumluation measured on the picnic table. 1/4 inch of that is sleet on top.  We've transitioned back to mostly snow with decreasing rates. It seems the convective showers have more sleet/warm air I guess.

also already passing nws GSP's 10% high end map totals. lmao

• Like 4

Just now, SnowDeac said:

Congrats to those getting the goods. Mostly all sleet here just south of South Park in Charlotte. Decent covering and windy but disappointing as usual to be so close to a better storm. Back to bed. 

You should come 40 miles North…. We’re covered that’s insane the difference only 40 miles makes