• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

High of 49 here yesterday with just a trace of rain.  Low of 40 last night but temp has been on the rise since around midnight with the warm air invasion.  Up to 59 already.  Looks like the main line of storms, to the extent there is one, won't arrive here until late this evening.  Lots of thick cloud debris to navigate today that could subdue things a bit as well.

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

High of 49 here yesterday with just a trace of rain.  Low of 40 last night but temp has been on the rise since around midnight with the warm air invasion.  Up to 59 already.  Looks like the main line of storms, to the extent there is one, won't arrive here until late this evening.  Lots of thick cloud debris to navigate today that could subdue things a bit as well.

I went to bed at 11 last night and it was 38. 9 hours later it's 62...

13 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

The HRRR looks pretty energetic though Cape numbers where not all that high... just in the mid hundreds. 

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

what a difference a couple days make.  

almost felt muggy this morning.  also saw 62 on car thermo. 

started to rain a couple minutes ago.  We need it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

How 'bout it, warm front on the march.

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The HRRR looks pretty energetic though Cape numbers where not all that high... just in the mid hundreds. 

Yeah that line projected to come through this evening could pack a punch, even though it may not arrive my way until 8pm or so, but until then just looks like scattered showery type stuff.

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The winds from the south/southeast are roaring right now.  Gusts into the low 40's and sustained 20-25.  HRRR has it getting worse especially far southern tier. 

I was also about to post this - the administration building here on top of the hill is shaking a bit. This is legit winds right now. Seems easily Wind Advisory-worthy. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

How 'bout it, warm front on the march.

Yeah that line projected to come through this evening could pack a punch, even though it may not arrive my way until 8pm or so, but until then just looks like scattered showery type stuff.

The whole cold then warm thing is really punctuated for those that had a little snow yesterday.   Snow to mid 70's thirty six hours later. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The whole cold then warm thing is really punctuated for those that had a little snow yesterday.   Snow to mid 70's thirty six hours later. 

Pittsburgh checking in. A few flakes and a glaze of ice with the initial precip yesterday morning, then a high of 76 yesterday afternoon.

• Like 2

Strange happenings on my way back from Sunbury this morning. All the way from Sunbury to Herndon the temp hovered between 43 to 47 degrees. Even at the 147/225 intersection by the 7-11 it was 46. Once I shot the Mandata gap through Hooflander Mountain, the temp shot up to 58 degrees so fast my mirrors fogged up.

Crazy...

• Like 1

HRRR and NAM have very impressive long hodographs for the LSV this evening. What will likely limit the severe chances is the lack of instability with lots of morning cloud debris. IF we can see sun pop out this afternoon and increase CAPE values, there is LOTS of bulk shear and SRH for the storms to tap into. Tornadoes are a real threat, although damaging winds will be the primary.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@canderson - severe threat seems to be ramping up big time today per discussions from SPC. Thoughts? 

Just got off a very rough flight - the atmosphere is juiced. It just depends on how much warmth works down there. I’m not sold on anything too crazy but if it heats up then all bets are off. Think the border south is a bigger threat but I haven’t seen any models or guidance since last night 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

Just got off a very rough flight - the atmosphere is juiced. It just depends on how much warmth works down there. I’m not sold on anything too crazy but if it heats up then all bets are off. Think the border south is a bigger threat but I haven’t seen any models or guidance since last night 

Thanks for responding - glad you got down there safely. SPC seems to really like the area from BWI up through Lanco to Reading. 

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

Strange happenings on my way back from Sunbury this morning. All the way from Sunbury to Herndon the temp hovered between 43 to 47 degrees. Even at the 147/225 intersection by the 7-11 it was 46. Once I shot the Mandata gap through Hooflander Mountain, the temp shot up to 58 degrees so fast my mirrors fogged up.

Crazy...

Looks like you found the frontal boundary.