Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

22 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Yes its really sad for everyone involved and for the rest of us that read about it and seen the pics and videos. I'm sure it was horrifying to those first responders. I hope it doesn't happen again. 

Not sure if the video still exists/is posted where the audio was live.  Hearing the times of quiet with cars crashing into each other really was surreal.  

48 minutes ago, canderson said:

Today iirc was the 3rd WAA this year I've been in with zero precip. 

That's what I was saying this morning about the Winter Weather announcements on the interstate highway warning system - we get dangerous travel conditions with no messages, and all kinds of messages when we end up getting no winter weather. 

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You're consistent - you went from one underachieving team to another one. :) 

I hope not Phillies added some big bats this year just need the pitching. Last night was an embarrassment once again blowing a big lead in the 3rd only to see them struggle in the 4th. After a great start to Harden's career at Philly it just hasn't materialized with his teammates except Embiid. 

SPC has most of us in the Slight Risk zone for tomorrow:

Farther north across the Mid-Atlantic, the severe threat should
   increase along and ahead of the cold front, which is expected to
   move through during the late afternoon and evening. Modest
   instability should develop ahead of the front amid filtered daytime
   heating and cooling mid-level temperatures. Low to mid-level flow
   across this region will remain strong. The resulting combination of
   modest buoyancy and robust vertical shear should result in the
   development of isolated strong to severe storms. Damaging winds are
   the primary threat, but low-level vertical shear is strong enough to
   support a tornado or two. Some marginally severe hail may also
   occur.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The end of the GFS shows signs of Spring kicking in.  It will change in 6 hours but first time I have noticed it in a week or two of runs so probably a sign its coming (Mid April).  Certainly not overly cold before then but lots of "chilly" nights. 

Hate to break it with you but it's not happening anytime soon. NAO and AO is going negative, Greenland & Alaskan blocking is showing up and SSW is happening which means we will be seeing cold/snowy in April so we will have to wait a bit longer. 

30 minutes ago, brentrich said:

Hate to break it with you but it's not happening anytime soon. NAO and AO is going negative, Greenland & Alaskan blocking is showing up and SSW is happening which means we will be seeing cold/snowy in April so we will have to wait a bit longer. 

Yea, I was just interpreting the model data,  Not a forecast. 

1 hour ago, brentrich said:

If that's the case, then it's truly time for me to move south or west. I just can't take this shit anymore. Especially in April...

56 minutes ago, canderson said:

Heard from a good source the cause of that horrific 81 accident was a woman was going to miss the exit and yanked her wheel to go from the outside lane to the exit, causing the truck in the right lane to slam its brakes and jackknife. 

Oh my...

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Updated weather discussion from MU includes a shoutout for the trainer! (or at least my screen name)

https://www.millersville.edu/weathercenter/forecasts/weather-discussion.php

Here it is! 

Tomorrow's setup is favorable for "training thunderstorms," or storms that repeatedly move over the same region in a relatively short amount of time.”

• Like 1