Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

31 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Again, driving way too fast for the conditions. 

Definitely, and he barrels up on this wreck seemingly unaware at a point when people are out of cars and stuff is on fire. Do a lot of truckers just not utilize things like CB radios as much anymore? And I even hear a CB radio in the background toward the end of that video.

37 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Definitely, and he barrels up on this wreck seemingly unaware at a point when people are out of cars and stuff is on fire. Do a lot of truckers just not utilize things like CB radios as much anymore? And I even hear a CB radio in the background toward the end of that video.

My CB is on all the time, but no, most truckers do not use them much anymore. I try to give road reports, or let someone know they have an equipment problem, and all I get is silence.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Voyager said:

My CB is on all the time, but no, most truckers do not use them much anymore. I try to give road reports, or let someone know they have an equipment problem, and all I get is silence.

Maybe it should be mandatory that a cb is on in the truck for safety. Hard to believe there not used much anymore.

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

CB's have been replaced by texting while driving? 

Sad, but maybe the trucking industry can do something when there is a threat from mother nature. And also all drivers of vehicles maybe should take some sort of weather related course. I know it's not feasible but it's for safety. But then again maybe the insurance companies can require this to get some sort of discount on their premium 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Sad, but maybe the trucking industry can do something when there is a threat from mother nature. And also all drivers of vehicles maybe should take some sort of weather related course. I know it's not feasible but it's for safety. But then again maybe the insurance companies can require this to get some sort of discount on their premium 

The main problem in the trucking industry is the same one the general public has nowadays. A true lack of common sense.

Add to that the amount of inexperienced drivers due to the mega carriers (Swift, Warner, etc) that are nothing more than CDL mills churning out drivers every three weeks, and it's a recipe for disaster. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The MU KU.  I wonder if Elliott knows he is the second most famous Elliott in weather now? 

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I topped out at 31 today and even that was short lived, as most of the day was spent in the upper 20s. No snow here that I saw but for one brief period of light flurries. 

It's official! Today's high temperature of 32 degrees at @millersvilleu obliterates the previous record low maximum (or "coldest high") temperature of 36 degrees on March 28 set back in 1996. Winter, you've officially overstayed your welcome

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's official! Today's high temperature of 32 degrees at @millersvilleu obliterates the previous record low maximum (or "coldest high") temperature of 36 degrees on March 28 set back in 1996. Winter, you've officially overstayed your welcome

The high here at 25 is pretty much unheard of for a non major snow storm day approaching April. Winter has 2 to 3 more weeks of time with us though.  Lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks like MDT topped out at 32 as well, breaking the record of 35 set in 1996. 

• Like 3

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

What was the HRRR showing for this morning? I knew that I wasn't getting into the teens when I went to bed - I was at 25 at 8pm...3 hours later I was 27. 

I can only go back to the 0Z from yesterday which was 20-22 for you.  It may have been a little lower in earlier runs.  I posted something yesterday that was lower but forget if it was the HRRR.

• Thanks 1