Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Ensembles have lower heights in the 50/50 region day 6 onward  and a semblance of a neg nao . Maybe better then avg chance of a late March snow :weenie:

No hot dog needed.  It's been there on the ensembles (Canadian and euro first) for days now.  The gfs has had decent snow storms two of the last 4 runs.  Would I bet money in it, hell now.  Do I punt, hell no again. 

• Like 1

With everybody talking about DST, don't worry it's not going to happen. They tried it several times in the past and failed so I don't see it happening again this year.  During the summer time, it won't get dark until 10:30pm so how the heck are we going to watch fireworks when most of us go to bed at 11PM. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, brentrich said:

With everybody talking about DST, don't worry it's not going to happen. They tried it several times in the past and failed so I don't see it happening again this year.  During the summer time, it won't get dark until 10:30pm so how the heck are we going to watch fireworks when most of us go to bed at 11PM. 

The summer times would not change with the current proposal.

14 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

We'd be permanently in spring ahead mode so it wouldn't effect that. I think it gets confusing when they say get rid of DST. We'd basically always be an hour forward year round instead of for half the year

I know. my point was if we stayed permanent on the other time, spring sports would be affected. 

9 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

73 for the high today.

75 yesterday. It was great to get outside to work out, then hydrate with a ice cold beer

• Like 1

Seems like I'm one of the only people around here who has yet to hit 70 this week (69 yesterday) but that should end tomorrow.  A low of 47 here with a cool moderate rain having just moved through, on the order of like .01" per every five minutes.  National high of 94 at Rio Grande Village, TX and low of -1 at Estcourt Station, ME; won't be long until we're seeing some triple digits and no more negatives.

38 minutes ago, paweather said:

I agree with you now. They are and it will just tamper me down for the playoffs. 

I saw a 76ers logo and had to respond! I only worry about Boston and Brooklyn. Any other team in the east we should be relative favorites. We would probably go 7 games with Miami but I don’t fear them. Boston has the best record in NBA since January 1 and Brooklyn would be hella motivated to beat us. The oddest statistic this year is our home vs away record. We used to be unstoppable at home. Just odd. Team is still getting used to playing with each other. Bench is an issue but hopefully Doc shortens it during the playoffs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heisy said:

I saw a 76ers logo and had to respond! I only worry about Boston and Brooklyn. Any other team in the east we should be relative favorites. We would probably go 7 games with Miami but I don’t fear them. Boston has the best record in NBA since January 1 and Brooklyn would be hella motivated to beat us. The oddest statistic this year is our home vs away record. We used to be unstoppable at home. Just odd. Team is still getting used to playing with each other. Bench is an issue but hopefully Doc shortens it during the playoffs. 

Thanks for that. I still have hope although less of one after seeing the last 2 games. 

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Seems like I'm one of the only people around here who has yet to hit 70 this week (69 yesterday) but that should end tomorrow.  A low of 47 here with a cool moderate rain having just moved through, on the order of like .01" per every five minutes.  National high of 94 at Rio Grande Village, TX and low of -1 at Estcourt Station, ME; won't be long until we're seeing some triple digits and no more negatives.

I have not either, but not sure I am "around here" in your sense.  I am the southern most member of the forum though.  Ha.

32 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have not either, but not sure I am "around here" in your sense.  I am the southern most member of the forum though.  Ha.

That you are.  This brings to mind something I have thought about in the past, that being, in terms of negating expected snowfall losses, how much would you be willing to give up in latitude to gain in elevation?  For example, I think I would would want to gain at least roughly 100 feet in elevation for every 10 miles I moved south, or something to that effect.  To put this in perspective, as the crow flies I'm about 25 miles north of the Maryland border, so I'd want to gain 250' in elevation if I moved there. Thoughts from others??

8 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

That you are.  This brings to mind something I have thought about in the past, that being, in terms of negating expected snowfall losses, how much would you be willing to give up in latitude to gain in elevation?  For example, I think I would would want to gain at least roughly 100 feet in elevation for every 10 miles I moved south, or something to that effect.  To put this in perspective, as the crow flies I'm about 25 miles north of the Maryland border, so I'd want to gain 250' in elevation if I moved there. Thoughts from others??

Elevation by far outweighs latitude for me.   I’m actually going to be putting my house for sale soon to move higher up.   My goal is at least 1400ft.   

11 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Elevation by far outweighs latitude for me.   I’m actually going to be putting my house for sale soon to move higher up.   My goal is at least 1400ft.   

Oh brother.  Are we going to be getting spammed with sales going on at Mr Ed's (Cash's) candy when you become the new owner?  One free chocolate golf ball per customer. 

24 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

People who live in the Catoctin's (that like winter weather) would probably not give it up to move to some 400' area of NY.  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Oh brother.  Are we going to be getting spammed with sales going on at Mr Ed's (Cash's) candy when you become the new owner?  One free chocolate golf ball per customer. 

My sister lives near there and always has more snow than me.  Drives me nuts.   I’m the one keeping official weather records 

• Haha 2