Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Hopefully the MDT observer can get an accurate measurement with all of the wind.

The CTP website being down won’t help with the official stats either unless they are back up & running soon.

The Sanford to MDT flight was cancelled due to the snow.  That may help a little.  :-) 

• Haha 1

SPS Issued by CTP:

PAZ028-036-041-042-046-049>053-056>059-063>066-121915-
Southern Lycoming PA-York PA-Sullivan PA-Union PA-Franklin PA-
Northern Lycoming PA-Lebanon PA-Juniata PA-Dauphin PA-Snyder PA-
Columbia PA-Perry PA-Lancaster PA-Northumberland PA-Adams PA-
Cumberland PA-Montour PA-Schuylkill PA-
100 PM EST Sat Mar 12 2022

...HEAVY SNOW BAND...

HAZARDS...A band of heavy snow accompanied by winds of up to 35 MPH
which can rapidly reduce visibility to less than a quarter of a mile.
This band of heavy snow is producing very heavy snow at the rate of
1 to 2 inches per hour.

LOCATION AND MOVEMENT...At 1259 PM EST, the leading edge of a band
of heavy snow was along a line extending from Wyalusing to 14 miles
north of Berwick to near Danville to Linglestown to near Hanover and
moving east at 65 MPH.

THIS BAND OF HEAVY SNOW WILL BE NEAR...
  Bloomsburg, Slabtown and Numidia around 105 PM EST.
  Shumans, Cleona and Lickdale around 110 PM EST.
  Lebanon, Berwick and Nuremburg around 115 PM EST.
  Myerstown, Shrewsbury and Glen Rock around 120 PM EST.
  Red Lion, Cross Roads and Stewartstown around 125 PM EST.
  Brogue around 130 PM EST.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Jonesy56 said:

If this does turn out to be the last event of the season, old man winter has choreographed one hell of a showstopper grand finale with this last line… heavy snow, intense wind, near whiteout here now…. I’m in heaven

I wish the event as as whole had been more like that for more people.    Feel down that this was not all it could be for some.   

• Like 1

I can't get over how @Blizzard of 93 has had double the snowfall and conditions that I've almost never had during this storm.  About a half hour ago I had several wind gusts into the 30's with wildly blowing snow...but that only lasted a few minutes.  It's been snowing mainly lightly since 1:00 but not enough to accumulate further.  The winds which had been pretty breezy have backed off a bit, although I'm getting a good gust as I write this.  Back at 1:00 I recorded no additional accumulation with a storm total of 2.3".  Temp continues to drop, now down to 23.5 which is the low of the day.  The max, at midnight was 46.7.

7 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I can't get over how @Blizzard of 93 has had double the snowfall and conditions that I've almost never had during this storm.  About a half hour ago I had several wind gusts into the 30's with wildly blowing snow...but that only lasted a few minutes.  It's been snowing mainly lightly since 1:00 but not enough to accumulate further.  The winds which had been pretty breezy have backed off a bit, although I'm getting a good gust as I write this.  Back at 1:00 I recorded no additional accumulation with a storm total of 2.3".  Temp continues to drop, now down to 23.5 which is the low of the day.  The max, at midnight was 46.7.

I was overdue for a bullseye!

Well I got back from Hershey a little while ago and I got to say this is a big letdown here.  I don't have more than 2" anywhere and our area was consistently and repeatedly forecasted to be in the heart of things.  Now, there is this last final band moving through and snow intensity is increasing so we'll see what that adds, but between the midday arrival and the strong winds it's hard to accumulate and get a good feel for amounts.

I think someone expressed surprise earlier that the state wrestling championships weren't canceled or postponed, and well, they must not know wrestling fans very well haha.  The only thing coming in faster than the snow at 8am this morning was the number of pickups flying into the Giant Center parking lot.  The roads were perfectly fine for both the drive there and the drive home and I damn near needed sunglasses coming home.  Here's to hoping this last band lays down something meaningful.  Congrats to those making out big.

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Well I got back from Hershey a little while ago and I got to say this is a big letdown here.  I don't have more than 2" anywhere and our area was consistently and repeatedly forecasted to be in the heart of things.  Now, there is this last final band moving through and snow intensity is increasing so we'll see what that adds, but between the midday arrival and the strong winds it's hard to accumulate and get a good feel for amounts.

I think someone expressed surprise earlier that the state wrestling championships weren't canceled or postponed, and well, they must not know wrestling fans very well haha.  The only thing coming in faster than the snow at 8am this morning was the number of pickups flying into the Giant Center parking lot.  The roads were perfectly fine for both the drive there and the drive home and I damn near needed sunglasses coming home.  Here's to hoping this last band lays down something meaningful.  Congrats to those making out big.

That was me.  In this day and age of extreme protection of children, it surprised me.  Like I mentioned, our local antique store closed.  LOL.  With that said, I assumed you were seeing the same issues as we had here so that was part of my thought.  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That was me.  In this day and age of extreme protection of children, it surprised me.  Like I mentioned, our local antique store closed.  LOL.  With that said, I assumed you were seeing the same issues as we had here so that was part of my thought.  

Haha no worries I was just poking fun.  Yeah until this final band moving through we just never had "those" types of conditions here.  Again, all roads were perfectly fine both this morning and this afternoon all the way from Lancaster to Hershey and back.  Was expecting much more impact this morning, kind of like I'm seeing now. 

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Haha no worries I was just poking fun.  Yeah until this final band moving through we just never had "those" types of conditions here.  Again, all roads were perfectly fine both this morning and this afternoon all the way from Lancaster to Hershey and back.  Was expecting much more impact this morning, kind of like I'm seeing now. 

Yea, storm definitely busted for some of you over there.    I guess once we heard Pittsburgh exceeded their best hopes we should have expected something to change here.  Quick observation is that the best precip from the intitial wave ended up making it much farther west than initially progged...before Miller B'ing away as the coastal took over.  

5 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Not sure if we got caught under better band but snow ain’t that bad here.

ac9720ccc0b341d8f26ff3d8ec5fdebc.jpg

It’s been pretty good here too. Consistently snowing all morning and afternoon so far. Some slow periods, but at no point did it seem like it was over and at times high wind and heavy snow; almost whiteout conditions. Right now it looks and sounds like a blizzard outside.

Impossible to even guess at totals, given the wind, but it’s definitely a winter storm scene here in central York county. I’m about 1.5 miles north of the Mt Zion exit on Rt 30 and we’re usually just far enough south to miss the good stuff. Hope the Lancaster crowd gets to cash in soon.