Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

34 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Nice. Looks like it set up right along the Ridgeline. Orographic effects?

I think that band has more to do with the larger scale forcing aloft, as it has propagated eastward and it’s currently residing from about a Mount Union-Lewistown-WIlliamsport line. It’s actually not ideal orographically on the east side of the Laurel’s. Being an anafrontal type setup vs a more traditional coastal storm there’s no low level easterly fetch that will help enhance from that aspect. If you look closely at CCX radar (and LWX as well)  you can see the low level flow is actually northwesterly and even see some of the lake enhanced stuff propagating NW-SE underneath the synoptic precip shield that has the deep southerly fetch aloft.  Part of why the good rates will shut off quickly and not linger once that max forcing moves out of the area early this afternoon.

• Like 1

At 10:00am in Carlisle it is snowing lightly with an occasional moderate burst.  Temp has dropped further to 28.2 degrees.  Winds are a bit stronger but still below 15mph sustained.  I hate to say it but it's looking more and more likely that this storm isn't meant to be for me.  As of now WHTM's C-2" is on the money.  During the past hour I picked up an additional 0.2" for a storm total of 1.7".  Looking at radar, if I'm lucky that big band that looked like the heaviest of the storm will be approaching my area within the next hour or so.  Maybe that will be enough to push me over the 2" mark?  Definite congrats to York/Lanco folks who definitely deserved a good one this time around!

7 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

At 10:00am in Carlisle it is snowing lightly with an occasional moderate burst.  Temp has dropped further to 28.2 degrees.  Winds are a bit stronger but still below 15mph sustained.  I hate to say it but it's looking more and more likely that this storm isn't meant to be for me.  As of now WHTM's C-2" is on the money.  During the past hour I picked up an additional 0.2" for a storm total of 1.7".  Looking at radar, if I'm lucky that big band that looked like the heaviest of the storm will be approaching my area within then next hour or so.  Maybe that will be enough to push me over the 2" mark?  Definite congrats to York/Lanco folks who definitely deserved a good one this time around!

Lanco? Not in this part at least. I'm pretty sure I have about the same, or potentially a little less than you do. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Is it warmer, or are the rates just not there, from Ft Indiantown southwest to Harrisburg? Looking at PA511 cameras, I'm surprised the roads are just wet out there while everywhere else they are snow covered.

A few good bursts but light stuff mostly. About 1.75” on cold surfaces - maybe .5” on roads here in my neighborhood. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Lanco? Not in this part at least. I'm pretty sure I have about the same, or potentially a little less than you do. 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

A few good bursts but light stuff mostly. About 1.75” on cold surfaces - maybe .5” on roads here in my neighborhood. 

Wow!!  By some of the "ripping" and "whiteout" reports I thought you were really getting the goods.  So far does that mean that @Bubbler86has the most with close to 5"?

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Wow!!  By some of the "ripping" and "whiteout" reports I thought you were really getting the goods.  So far does that mean that @Bubbler86has the most with close to 5"?

I had about 30 minutes of heavier snow. Right now, their are flurries and melting in progress. Road is almost completely clear. Even at 30 degrees, on March 12th approaching midday, this stuff will melt unless rates increase significantly. 

3 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I just measured on top of this light and it was very close to 5".  Have not have much accum in the last 30-60 min.

DSC07889.thumb.JPG.1fa0496ee1f41e2139c7e36d4d2ceb6b.JPG

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Confirmed here as well.  Maybe 3" max on the grass and it's like a snow mist at the moment.  Not accumulating.  Plow went through so even my neighborhood road is just wet at the moment.  Radar versus reality are two different things here.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just measured on top of this light and it was very close to 5".  Have not have much accum in the last 30-60 min.

DSC07889.thumb.JPG.1fa0496ee1f41e2139c7e36d4d2ceb6b.JPG

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Roads are completely covered in Marysville with near 0 visibility with moderate snow & blowing snow.

Easily over 3 inches out there with a few hours to go!

This storm is delivering.

I didn't think this would happen with this storm, but it's clearly a case of haves and have nots. Congrats! :) 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I had about 30 minutes of heavier snow. Right now, their are flurries and melting in progress. Road is almost completely clear. Even at 30 degrees, on March 12th approaching midday, this stuff will melt unless rates increase significantly. 

Exactly the same. It’s barely snowing now and melting is occurring - sidewalk is mostly clear now. 
Edit: picked up a bit as I typed