Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

10 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

While I don't think the record low of 8 from 1896 is in play for Sunday, I do think we could take down the daily snowfall record for Harrisburg tomorrow, 4.1" in 1959.

FWIW, several Meso's now have that 8 record sweating a bit...though still think the HIA ruins it for MDT. 

38 minutes ago, canderson said:

Maybe it’s a pavement forecast? Maybe I could see only a few inches on roads with recent temps and tomorrow’s  wind. 

Yeah same. Depends on how much and how hard it snows. Pavement is definitely gonna lose a few inches for sure. If it wasn't 60 degrees today and having rain start off then we'd probably get more on pavement

33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

FWIW, several Meso's now have that 8 record sweating a bit...though still think the HIA ruins it for MDT. 

Yeah I’d be shocked if MDT pops that low but a fresh snowpack certainly won’t hurt. Man I’m not gonna lie, I’m getting pretty jacked up for this event. Looks like we’re in the jackpot for the first time in a long while. 

• Like 2

Another update from MU: (2nd half of Anotherman's earlier post)

2/2 In addition, strong upward motion in the Dendritic Growth Zone (DGZ) means that snowfall rates of 1-2" per hour are likely for a few hours. And yes, with dynamics this impressive, I expect there to be at least some incidents of the elusive #Thundersnow! Maps:

2/2 In addition, strong upward motion in the Dendritic Growth Zone (DGZ) means that snowfall rates of 1-2" per hour are likely for a few hours. And yes, with dynamics this impressive, I expect there to be at least some incidents of the elusive #Thundersnow! Maps: @TropicalTidbits    

THIS!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Golf is going to take a beating for a few days but Sunday could be one of the best skiing days of the year.  Its a shit show out there right with people trying to ski on fake snow at 60 degrees. 

Mowed greens for the first time earlier this week since last December.   Can’t control it, but not ideal for getting anything done 

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2/2 In addition, strong upward motion in the Dendritic Growth Zone (DGZ) means that snowfall rates of 1-2" per hour are likely for a few hours. And yes, with dynamics this impressive, I expect there to be at least some incidents of the elusive #Thundersnow! Maps:

This guy is my new favorite local weather forecaster!

• Haha 1