• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Low of 27 here overnight.  National high and low of 91 and -36 at Miles City, FL and Grand Lake, CO, respectively, for an impressive national diurnal range of 127 degrees.

Welp, things seem to have escalated overnight with respect to tomorrow's events.  Who woulda thunk that on March 12 we finally get one to trend our way.  Think I'm gonna have to up my amounts to 3-6" for down this way, with a slight potential to boom even beyond that.  All I know is this is really throwing a wrench into my plans to drive to Hershey tomorrow morning for the state wrestling championships.  Timing couldn't be worse ugh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

While I don't think the record low of 8 from 1896 is in play for Sunday, I do think we could take down the daily snowfall record for Harrisburg tomorrow, 4.1" in 1959.

I do think some of our forum's more Western members have a shot to get in the 5-8 area.  Not related to MDT's record but still note worthy this late in the season. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do think some of our forum's more Western members have a shot to get in the 5-8 area.  Not related to MDT's record but still note worthy this late in the season. 

Oh yeah no doubt.  This is really turning into quite the potent interaction between the two pieces of energy.  Throwing heavy snow back into northern Alabama and all through central Tennessee overnight tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

But still good snow for you and me. 

No doubt, just watching the trends.  Yesterday PSU/State College was going to get a foot and a half on the Nam and Philly basically nothing.   Most of the places that have WSW's do not get WSW snows on the Nam...the places that do not have the Watch, get them.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

No doubt, just watching the trends.  Yesterday PSU/State College was going to get a foot and a half on the Nam and Philly basically nothing.   Most of the places that have WSW's do not get WSW snows on the Nam...the places that do not have the Watch, get them.  

Yep, once again the storm is generally falling apart for Central PA in terms of anything really significant. Probably a moderate event for most. For me it is definitely colder and could be a surprise couple of inches, but in general the storm seems lamer/strung out instead so it doesn’t really nail anyone. Oh well. 

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep agreed it is amazing the trend went east. 

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yeah this storm is weird lol, gonna cause a lot of egg on faces.

• Weenie 1

I just had to bun a lot of you weenies.  All of a sudden we're poo-pooing 3-6"??  That's warning criteria down here...and it's almost mid-March!  CTP mentions in the a.m. write up that those to the west missing the heavy QPF are going to get good ratios, so can we temper the bridge jumping?  Now if all the 12Z runs shift east...I'll be right there with you!