Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It did not on the map I looked at.  A lot of 1" totals for low lying areas of Adams, Lancaster and York county....strange blow up of extra just south of Lancaster which may be what you are looking at.   Actually had a sizeable area of 1/2" north of Lancaster.   It had a strip of 2-3" in Cumberland country and North East from there.   But my comment was based on it staying 35 with the large areas of 1" or less.  Nothing close to what it was showing 24 hours ago. 

In fairness to you, I'm a mile from the Lebanon border and at 600'.  I still think this could surprise in the border counties with some elevation.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Nam took the belt of heavy snow, on the M/D line at 12Z, up into N Pa.    Quite an extreme jump this late. 

Capture.JPG

How many times have we seen it?  All aboard, train's heading north!

15 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

In fairness to you, I'm a mile from the Lebanon border and at 600'.  I still think this could surprise in the border counties with some elevation.

Aaaaaahhhhh up above Brickerville are ya?  Love it up that way.  Yeah you will fare a good bit better than me I reckon.

57 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Aaaaaahhhhh up above Brickerville are ya?  Love it up that way.  Yeah you will fare a good bit better than me I reckon.

I love where I'm at.  Although I'd like Vermont too, but the wife has vetoed it for now!

18Z GFS ups snow across the board...more importantly shows some accums south of our area.  I'm not giving up on this one yet!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

I love where I'm at.  Although I'd like Vermont too, but the wife has vetoed it for now!

18Z GFS ups snow across the board...more importantly shows some accums south of our area.  I'm not giving up on this one yet!

I am not giving up either.  The HRRR is not the boss.  LOL.  But I am alos not crying for a WSW immediately. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

6 hour total precip looks to support good rates for m/d .

ecmwf-deterministic-md-precip_6hr_inch-6841600.png

Should be interesting for us at the M/D line. 

Right on the edge. 

Your definitely right about rates. As warm as it's been,if it's snowing and 34 it's gonna need to be S + to accumulate even on non paved surfaces.

I'm not even sure the last time I was below freezing. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Should be interesting for us at the M/D line. 

Right on the edge. 

Your definitely right about rates. As warm as it's been,if it's snowing and 34 it's gonna need to be S + to accumulate even on non paved surfaces.

I'm not even sure the last time I was below freezing. :lol:

We hit 32 this AM.  Not technically below I guess.

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

We hit 16 the other moanin.

Only hit 40s this afternoon.  No 70 + though. With the early morning start I personally think who ever has moderate snow rates will accumulate no problem on all non paved and elevated surfaces.  Any heavy bursts some roads could cave at least temporarily until it slacks .:D

In the morning anyway . Afternoon will be tough without S+

Looks like by the afternoon most of the precip will be over with.

Looking like 6am -12 is go time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

We hit 16 the other moanin.

Only hit 40s this afternoon.  No 70 + though. With the early morning start I personally think who ever has moderate snow rates will accumulate no problem on all non paved and elevated surfaces.  Any heavy bursts some roads could cave at least temporarily until it slacks .:D

In the morning anyway . Afternoon will be tough without S+

I have seen sn+ turn into front wheel drive (or 4 wheel) weather even if above freezing.  If a layer of slush gets on the road, it's game on.