• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Started here about 15 minutes ago as light rain / zr.  I can now hear some pinging going on outside so I at least have a mixture.  Temp has dropped to 30.7.  The dew point is rising but the temp is not yet dropping further.  DP 27.  Wet bulb now 29.3.  If the precip can pick up in intensity I'm certain I can get down to at least 30.0, maybe even 29.5.  I'll go out again and look at my board since it's now 11:00 anyway.

RIght at a half inch of sleet now. Still mostly sleet and it’s pretty heavy at the moment with some large pellets. The street was actually plowed about an hour ago and the sleet’s been building back up on it. 

Temp up a bit to 28ºF after bottoming out around 27ºF around 11pm. 

Boy, is it sleeting 100% out there and everything is turning white.  Officially I measured 0.3" on the board at midnight.  Melted down, the sleet plus the freezing rain mainly at the beginning added up to 0.11".  Temp down to 29.8.  It's been quite a while since I've seen heavy sleet...I'm guessing at least 5 years or more.  Glad to hear nearly everyone is sleeting...just like MAG thought it would be doing.  And perhaps another few hours of good sleet before losing it?

Close to an inch of sleet on the ground. Think we’re starting to transition towards the ZR phase but precip is still about a 50/50 blend of sleet and freezing rain. The sleet on the ground is starting to firm up with more ZR in the mix but so far accrual is still in the glaze category and not really measurable yet.

30.7ºF/28.1ºF temp and dewpoint. Winds are up a bit, gusting past 15mph at times and mostly southerly. 

1 hour ago, Ruin said:

major bust and im glad dry slotted im so glad this wasnt snow. I saw this dry slot coming hours ago by the way the precip was moving 

Yes. Huge dry slot. I think some of the models picked up on it yesterday. Still, sometimes you get a mist/drizzle in those dryslots, so that could be worse than a deluge, as things glaze and ice faster in a drizzle.

Temp is going up pretty quickly here. At 4:00 when I woke up, it was 27.1 and now it's 29.3, so how long I stay below freezing is the question. Still, I'm not going in to work for at least awhile yet, if at all. It's not worth wrecking a truck, and perhaps causing injury to myself or someone else for a load of water...

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

Temp is going up pretty quickly here. At 4:00 when I woke up, it was 27.1 and now it's 29.3, so how long I stay below freezing is the question. Still, I'm not going in to work for at least awhile yet, if at all. It's not worth wrecking a truck, and perhaps causing injury to myself or someone else for a load of water...

Precip should fill back in over the next hour or two as the band of precip moves east from western PA.

6 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wow. Even the roads are white here.

6 hours ago, canderson said:

Go figure. My mulch looks fresh - yet wet - still lol 

Around 1230 we had our first call. It was heavy sleet. I-81 @ 11&15 was a disaster. wrecks and cars everywhere. everything (lawns/roads) was completely white

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

[mention=1156]canderson[/mention] lives on on top of a geothermal facility, so when it’s 29 in Enola, it’s 49 in downtown Harrisburg!

Just my opinion but I think this winter has beaten us down, hence the mindset that no storm will ever go our way. I think people are probably just anxious to get it over with. Watching Cape May get two 12”+ storms while we get scraps will do that to you.
  • Like 1

32/29 here with at most .1” of sleet and .1” of ice accretion. Walked all around and roads are just wet and even my front walkway has zero ice on it.  Can already hear things melting off. As expected, virtually a non-event here.  Congrats to those who got something worth talking about.  Look forward to hearing @Atomixwx ice report.  Some nice cold upcoming. 

• Like 2