Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

53 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just looked over all the GFS panels.  Its actually not all that warm expect a brief period the 21st-24th.  

Any day with sunshine and little wind this time of year will feel good outside even with normal temps. I was getting used to what we had last week and yesterday was kind of rude. LOL

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And that seems like a lock for having the same numbers going into March.  Disappointing. 

Over the past 2 days I've traveled through a good part of our county. There was snow cover yesterday pretty much everywhere outside of a 5 mile radius of the homestead. Sort of disappointing. 

That said - I had very low expectations coming into this winter. I fully expected this to be a bottom 10 in my lifetime, if not bottom 5. Given what I thought were realistic expectations, I'd honestly rate this winter as a C. We've had a lot of cold with some snow. I'm at 12.1" for the season. I've done worse. And there's certainly a chance that won't be the final total. 

It's all about perspective in relation to expectations. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Over the past 2 days I've traveled through a good part of our county. There was snow cover yesterday pretty much everywhere outside of a 5 mile radius of the homestead. Sort of disappointing. 

That said - I had very low expectations coming into this winter. I fully expected this to be a bottom 10 in my lifetime, if not bottom 5. Given what I thought were realistic expectations, I'd honestly rate this winter as a C. We've had a lot of cold with some snow. I'm at 12.1" for the season. I've done worse. And there's certainly a chance that won't be the final total. 

It's all about perspective in relation to expectations. 

Zero snow here - I have no shoveled piles anywhere either. 

31 minutes ago, canderson said:

Zero snow here - I have no shoveled piles anywhere either. 

We still have a fair amount of patches and piles around but overall, yeah, not great.  Side note, all other things being equal, I've found over the years that urban environments have a much harder time hanging onto their snow packs, for a multitude of reasons.  I understand that I'm not exactly providing any groundbreaking analysis here haha.