Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

14 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

It might be snowing harder right now than it has at any point this winter. It's like a thunderstorm right now with the heavy precip but no thunder or lightning.

Oh wow, just checked the radar and sure enough a narrow curved heavy band of snow appears to have just gone through your area. Very odd look. Did it amount to anything?

55 minutes ago, anotherman said:

I think that is an inaccurate statement. It’s going to snow. Im skeptical of whether it sticks or not, but there will be snow overnight into tomorrow morning.

I should preface when I say no snow I mean no accumulation. Maybe the xterms southern tier gets work better rates but I think we are once again dealing with warm air hanging around too long. 

I should preface when I say no snow I mean no accumulation. Maybe the xterms southern tier gets work better rates but I think we are once again dealing with warm air hanging around too long. 

I agree with the accumulating part. But it will start at night. For people going anywhere tomorrow morning on the southern tier (me), it could be interesting.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

I found it weird that the West Branch Susky nor the Juniata even came close to freezing over this winter despite it being so cold in January into early February. I would have bet my life's savings that they would freeze. 

West Branch up here froze solid. Below the dam I/2 open. This warmer weather helping.

5E005C15-7CF2-402D-B39F-8AB065486BC5.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pawatch said:

West Branch up here froze solid. Below the dam I/2 open. This warmer weather helping.

5E005C15-7CF2-402D-B39F-8AB065486BC5.jpeg

Where is this? I was just in Clearfield on Thursday and it looked wide open there. The bogs in Philipsburg never fully froze this winter and I drove down to Huntingdon county all winter and the Frankstown Branch Juniata nor the Juniata from Huntingdon to Mount Union were frozen, which to me was incredibly odd.

3 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

WWAs have been hoisted.

Winter Weather Advisory

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
1152 AM EST Sat Feb 12 2022

PAZ064>066-131200-
/O.NEW.KCTP.WW.Y.0011.220213T0400Z-220213T1600Z/
Adams-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Gettysburg, York, and Lancaster
1152 AM EST Sat Feb 12 2022

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO
11 AM EST SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3
  inches.

* WHERE...Adams, York and Lancaster Counties. Maximum snowfall
  amounts are most likely along and southeast of Route 30 and 222.

* WHEN...From 11 PM this evening to 11 AM EST Sunday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The heaviest accumulations will be on non-
  paved surfaces.

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Standing at 6.6" for the season, Lancaster PA has the lowest seasonal snowfall total of any official reporting site in:

Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, and New York. Hopefully they get a nice snowfall with this system. 

Is that Millersville’s total you’re using for Lancaster? Just curious. If I’m not mistaken LNS doesn’t record snowfall but there’s some coop site at the water plant or something that does, right?

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Is that Millersville’s total you’re using for Lancaster? Just curious. If I’m not mistaken LNS doesn’t record snowfall but there’s some coop site at the water plant or something that does, right?

I'm thinking it's at MU - Elliott had tweeted last week both the number and the fact that Lancaster is the true snow hole of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm thinking it's at MU - Elliott had tweeted last week both the number and the fact that Lancaster is the true snow hole of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. 

Yeah very likely MU data. Regardless, as you said, we know our area is the snow hole of the entire region this year. Let’s hope we pull a rabbit out of the hat to change that fact in the last month or so here.