Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Embiid has slowly made me a believer this year. He's been incredible for the past 20-25 games. As you said, he's still improving. He's the song that went from #9 to #2 on the Billboard chart this season while Harden has gone from #5 to #13. And that might be generous. 

Embiid has been so good he's even played spectacularly when I'm in attendance. That alone makes him MVP worthy. 

When they win the championship then what? They were so ready to be post Simmons 

16 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Now we need the good models to get on board 

The long range NAM is a good model, right?

The RGEM is a good short range model and has had 2 runs in a row with this solution.

Also, @losetoa6 posted the long range HRRR in the Mid Atlantic thread and it looked good for us.

Let’s see what 12z brings!

34 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The long range NAM is a good model, right?

The RGEM is a good short range model and has had 2 runs in a row with this solution.

Also, @losetoa6 posted the long range HRRR in the Mid Atlantic thread and it looked good for us.

Let’s see what 12z brings!

No no and no.    0 for 3.    Reverse psychology can work sometimes.  

Dipped to 22 last night.  Well, outside of the NAM and the CMC nobody wants to bring us anything even remotely meaningful on Sunday, and even those two are more of a nuisance type event (lord knows we'd still take it).  In other words, don't get your hopes up.  The WPC sure isn't......

noaad3.gif?1644584029

d13_fill.gif?1644584050225

You know it's funny, after this weekend the next couple of weeks look pretty similar to these eyes.  Chilly starts to the week followed by warm-ups at the end of the week associated with systems passing through the Ohio Valley and giving us a nice soaking (perhaps some storms?), and then a return to more seasonable temps.  All in all ,nothing too crazy but a repetitive look.

9 hours ago, paweather said:

When they win the championship then what? They were so ready to be post Simmons 

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. 

First off, I said that I wasn't a fan of the trade. You quoted me complimenting Embiid - that has nothing to do with Simmons.

Second -  they haven't won a championship in 39 years. Before worrying about what happens after they win it...shouldn't there be some emphasis on like say...winning the title first? 

Third - I don't think it's fair to say they were ready to be "post Simmons" - Simmons wasn't exactly chomping at the bit to take the floor in a Sixers uniform. He stated many times that that would never happen. He sort of forced their hands a little. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. 

First off, I said that I wasn't a fan of the trade. You quoted me complimenting Embiid - that has nothing to do with Simmons.

Second -  they haven't won a championship in 39 years. Before worrying about what happens after they win it...shouldn't there be some emphasis on like say...winning the title first? 

Third - I don't think it's fair to say they were ready to be "post Simmons" - Simmons wasn't exactly chomping at the bit to take the floor in a Sixers uniform. He stated many times that that would never happen. He sort of forced their hands a little. 

Sorry the confusion on post Simmons I meant the 76ers were ready to have the Simmons era end. I just beg to differ on this being a bad trade. Most experts think it was bad I understand that, but I thought it was a good trade that kept the 76ers intact as a team. 

8 minutes ago, paweather said:

Sorry the confusion on post Simmons I meant the 76ers were ready to have the Simmons era end. I just beg to differ on this being a bad trade. Most experts think it was bad I understand that, but I thought it was a good trade that kept the 76ers intact as a team. 

I know a lot here don't care about Sixers drama like we do, so this will wrap things up for me - 

I just want to point out that me not liking a trade is not equal to it being a bad trade. The only true barometer of whether or not the trade was good or not will be what happens going forward. The success or lack thereof will ultimately dictate the quality of the deal. 

I don't like it because while Embiid is taking his game to another level, he is still extremely fragile. He spends more time laying on the floor than my kids did when they were 2. And when; not if, but when he goes down and out again...the cupboard is now bare of bigs. Including Drummond was the sole reason why I don't like the deal. 

Enjoy the weather. It's the only weather we have. :) 

• Like 1

I know a lot here don't care about Sixers drama like we do, so this will wrap things up for me - 

I just want to point out that me not liking a trade is not equal to it being a bad trade. The only true barometer of whether or not the trade was good or not will be what happens going forward. The success or lack thereof will ultimately dictate the quality of the deal. 

I don't like it because while Embiid is taking his game to another level, he is still extremely fragile. He spends more time laying on the floor than my kids did when they were 2. And when; not if, but when he goes down and out again...the cupboard is now bare of bigs. Including Drummond was the sole reason why I don't like the deal. 

HAHA! Yep for sure all good and I understand where you are coming from. 

I just want to point out that me not liking a trade is not equal to it being a bad trade. The only true barometer of whether or not the trade was good or not will be what happens going forward. The success of lack thereof will ultimately dictate the quality of the deal. 

After the Mav's trade, Sixers fans need not worry about anyone saying they had the worst trade. 

• Like 1

You know its ugly when you come to a weather board.....and scroll through the last couple pages to learn about basketball (which I personally have about 1% interest in on a good day).

Have a great weekend talking "pumpkin ball" talk...lol.  I like that analogy.  I'm checkin out.  

I hope we can talk weather next week - and if not, well that's just how this craptastic winter rolls....carry on...

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

You know its ugly when you come to a weather board.....and scroll through the last couple pages to learn about basketball (which I personally have about 1% interest in on a good day).

Have a great weekend talking "pumpkin ball" talk...lol.  I like that analogy.  I'm checkin out.  

I hope we can talk weather next week - and if not, well that's just how this craptastic winter rolls....carry on...

I know, right but there really is no weather to talk about and yes hopefully next week there will be including Sunday maybe.

44 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I'll talk about anything. What do you want to talk about? I'm down for anything. It's been a minute since I've had an honest to god, in depth conversation about Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms. Fancy a chat about that? Because I gotta tell ya, this weather ain't going to carry a conversation past the elderly man stage of talk where it's a filler in between "Howdy," and "This country is going straight to Hell."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

What is all this pumpkin ball talk!?  Post-season wrestling is nearly here!  Yes, I know I am likely alone on this island :lol:

My favorite part about postseason wrestling is when they get rid of the turnbuckles and we can actually see the action. 

Oh. Not that wrestling. Whoopsie.

6 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I'll talk about anything. What do you want to talk about? I'm down for anything. It's been a minute since I've had an honest to god, in depth conversation about Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms. Fancy a chat about that? Because I gotta tell ya, this weather ain't going to carry a conversation past the elderly man stage of talk where it's a filler in between "Howdy," and "This country is going straight to Hell."

Yes, if we were only talking weather right now...well, the thread would be pretty dead. Not that we're quickly filling pages as it is. 

Maybe March will deliver something to get everyone involved for the real reason why we want to be here. 

Larry Cosgrove update:

Yes there is a huge warm-up in store for the lower 48 states. But there are some "bumps in the road" which will prove that we are "not out of the woods yet".
Examine the GOES EAST satellite view of North America, and you will see a well-defined Arctic (cAk) vortex digging through the Great Lakes. This gyre, besides bringing the latest dose of bitter cold to the eastern half of the U.S. and Canada, may also trigger (through an anafront set-up) some moderate snows from lower Appalachia through the coastline of the Northeast this weekend.
Then there is the matter of the two storms over the eastern Pacific Ocean, one in the polar jet stream, the other subtropical. Most of the forecast guidance merge the disturbances over the West Coast, then builds an impressive, intense cyclone over the Texas Panhandle by the middle of next week. In that position, the trough and surface circulation will send air from the Gulf of Mexico rapidly northeastward, even reaching the St. Lawrence Valley. Hence the likelihood for mild/warm values across the eastern third of North America around February 15 - 18.
A word or two of warning concerning this "Panhandle Hooker B" storm. Most of the numerical models hammer out an area from Texas and Oklahoma through the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys (and for that matter, most of Dixie as well) with a heavy rain and severe weather event. North of the track of this system will be a brief return to cold air as well as a moderate/heavy snow threat.
I think that the warm air bounces back over an area from the Great Plains to the East Coast in the 11-15 and 16-20 day periods. But there are clues in the model weeklies of a "one last winter storm and big cold shot" over much of the continent at some point between March 1 and 10.

47 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

My favorite part about postseason wrestling is when they get rid of the turnbuckles and we can actually see the action. 

Oh. Not that wrestling. Whoopsie.

No no no, that's rasslin', I'm talkin wrestling :lol:

20 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Jesus who wants to talk about wrestling…I can’t even understand how you get points lol, just a bunch of rolling around and tight singlets.

You bite your tongue!  The oldest and greatest sport.  Ask any athlete (like many football players) who wrestled at one point what the hardest sport is and they will all tell you hands down it's wrestling.  The true measure of a man.  A test of strength and will.  No one to blame but yourself.  Okay you get it, I'll stop now haha.  And hey, Williamsport has one of their best teams ever this year.  In fact, the Millionaires (isn't that their mascot?) are wrestling in the state championships in Hershey as we speak!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1