Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

25 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Prediction....we torch in mid-late February then have more chances in March.  It's not over. 

March is such a hard month to figure - anything really is plausible. I could totally see the blinds being completely shut the entire month, and I could also see a mid-month bomb that has all of us wondering "where has this been all winter?"

March might be the most difficult month to guess what will happen several weeks out. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

March is such a hard month to figure - anything really is plausible. I could totally see the blinds being completely shut the entire month, and I could also see a mid-month bomb that has all of us wondering "where has this been all winter?"

March might be the most difficult month to guess what will happen several weeks out. 

Very true I just want one Warning Level snow, just one for 2022

I'm normally all over snow, but this year i'd kinda like an early spring. Having said that, i've been around long enough to know there is zero certainties. I had an instructor in a fire training class when i was young who had a saying that stuck with me.

"there is never a never and never and always" 

Winter is not over kids. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Was just going to point this out.  NWS has me at a high of 49 today.  My low was 29 but I'm up to 48 already and should easily downslope my way into the low to mid 50s.

I got down to 32, was surprised it was clear this morning as I was expecting some clouds and perhaps even a shower. 

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

I'm normally all over snow, but this year i'd kinda like an early spring. Having said that, i've been around long enough to know there is zero certainties. I had an instructor in a fire training class when i was young who had a saying that stuck with me.

Winter is not over kids. 

Jon, I feel exactly the same way. Not sure why I feel ready for spring...but I kind of do. And despite how bleak things may look for the foreseeable future, we both know well enough that the moment we call off the dogs on winter, it'll come back and get us. Way too soon to say it's over definitively. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anotherman said:

Prediction....we torch in mid-late February then have more chances in March.  It's not over. 

51 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

March certainly is volatile but people always underestimate how often we see measurable snow in the month of the Mars God.  The last two years were a bit of an anomaly in that I recorded absolutely nothing in March; however, four of the five years prior to that I recorded substantial snow in March, with three of the four totaling over a foot.  Heck, two of my last six Aprils have seen over an inch of snow.  Harrisburg has only seen four March's in its history that totaled zero snow (with about another 14 with only Trace) but over 50 where it recorded at least six inches.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Winter is not over kids. 

Wise words. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

March certainly is volatile but people always underestimate how often we see measurable snow in the month of the Mars God.  The last two years were a bit of an anomaly in that I recorded absolutely nothing in March; however, four of the five years prior to that I recorded substantial snow in March, with three of the four totaling over a foot.  Heck, two of my last six Aprils have seen over an inch of snow.  Harrisburg has only seen four March's in its history that totaled zero snow (with about another 14 with only Trace) but over 50 where it recorded at least six inches.

Trust me, I'm well aware of March snows. I can recall at least 7-8 March storms of 1'+ storms. I also have painful memories of how quickly said snows disappear. (with a few notable exceptions)

One of my favorite storms ever was in April 1982. 9" of pure powder with incredible drifting. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Thing about March that makes it so unpredictable, is that you've got plenty of cold in the NH and plenty of warmth in the SH, and when we are stuck in less than favorable patterns, it becomes a "guaranteed" reshuffling of the deck atmospherically as wavelengths shorten and they start running into each other.  It can be fun for sure....or more craptastic.  How it plays out....??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anotherman said:

The wind is insane in Mount Joy.

Chilly and blustery here in east/central York county, too. It felt very mild out around 11 am when the sun was shining and the wind hadn’t really picked up yet. Mostly cloudy now, 49 degrees and nearest Ambient station says highest wind gust so far is 21.7 with regular gusts around 13 mph. That certainly feels accurate. All in all still very tolerable/expected for mid February. 

Edit: wind just subsided for a minute, sun briefly peeked out from behind the cloud ceiling, and it instantly feels 20 degrees warmer. Always amazes me how much a difference those little things make. 

Trust me, I'm well aware of March snows. I can recall at least 7-8 March storms of 1'+ storms. I also have painful memories of how quickly said snows disappear. (with a few notable exceptions)
One of my favorite storms ever was in April 1982. 9" of pure powder with incredible drifting. 

I don’t mind when snows melt quickly. I am about the chase and the event. After that, I don’t care if it stays or goes. I know a lot of people are “pack hunters”. I’m big game.

I remember ‘82 as well. I was 9 years old living in central Jersey. I was in awe.

22 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I don’t mind when snows melt quickly. I am about the chase and the event. After that, I don’t care if it stays or goes. I know a lot of people are “pack hunters”. I’m big game.

I remember ‘82 as well. I was 9 years old living in central Jersey. I was in awe.

I'm with you my friend.  Don't get me wrong, I obviously want the snow to stick around as long as possible but I'll take any snow I can get whenever I can get it, regardless of how long it hangs on.  As you said, big game hunting baby haha.

I'm processing what just happened. 

We gave up a lot - I really liked Drummond. Active hands and ended most games with higher +/- rating than Embiid, believe it or not. We will miss him more than most think. Curry? Meh. Wouldn't mind of keeping him but I'm not sweating his departure. But then the 2 1st round picks. Don't like that either. 

Never been a Harden fan. Time will ultimately tell how good of a trade this is. First reaction? We gave up a lot for a guy Harden's age that is a little too one dimensional for my liking. 

1 hour ago, paweather said:

@Itstrainingtime you selling any tickets :D

Brooklyn comes to town on March 10th - last night tickets could be had on Ticket Exchange starting at $22. About an hour ago the cheapest tickets are now $125. I sold my Warriors tickets for $90 a piece...this game is too juicy for me to sell, as tempting as it is. Simmons first game back in Philly?

I'm going to be there.