Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

53 out.

Going on a limb - I get no more measurable snow this season. Might as well go on a limb even though it's early but this winter's been hot garbage anyway. To hell with it. 

I'm almost there with you it has been a dismal winter I may be looking for a mid-March snowstorm at this rate but who knows.

36 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

How warm did you get on those days right around the New Year?

I honestly can't remember the temperature, I just know it rained. I spent New Year's Day doing Christmas in Port Matilda, which as the microclimate breakdown from our resident New Yorker, Port Matilda is climatologically the dark side of the Moon compared to me just NW of Philipsburg. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I honestly can't remember the temperature, I just know it rained. I spent New Year's Day doing Christmas in Port Matilda, which as the microclimate breakdown from our resident New Yorker, Port Matilda is climatologically the dark side of the Moon compared to me just NW of Philipsburg. 

You're welcome. ;)

• Like 1

High was 52ºF after a low of 16ºF this morning, so quite the diurnal range of temps (+36º). Also pretty dry with dewpoints mostly in the mid 20s this afternoon, so not a complete meltdown…but open areas did melt off pretty good today.

19 minutes ago, Streak said:

I’m still hoping for a big region-wide snowstorm before the end of the month, but I won’t lie; I’m really looking forward to spring. 

Yea at this point I just want a straight-up 5-10” snowstorm with no baggage (mixing), preferably this month. I haven’t looked super hard past the next couple weeks but I feel like if we have a total pattern change and more extended warm spell towards the end of the month, we’re likely to have another potential cold/wintry period sometime in March probably about the time when everyone starts really getting spring fling in here. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, canderson said:

53 out.

Going on a limb - I get no more measurable snow this season. Might as well go on a limb even though it's early but this winter's been hot garbage anyway. To hell with it. 

Lol… I can’t wait to bump your post when We are measuring snow again, possibly as early as Sunday!

• Like 1