Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I never said that. My preferred time to snow is December and January. I've said this repeatedly for years. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy February snow. Not sure why the "lol" was needed. 

No harm meant by my lol…

I forgot about your early season preference.

We all enjoy & prefer our snow in different ways which makes this hobby fascinating.

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

No harm meant by my lol…

I forgot about your early season preference.

We all enjoy & prefer our snow in different ways which makes this hobby fascinating.

I'm in the early camp as well. I prefer any snow to fall in the meteorological winter months of Dec, Jan, and Feb. By March I'm ready for winter to break and start moderating toward spring-like temperatures. 

• Like 2

The day pitchers and catchers report is the day I begin losing interest in snow, outside of anything that may be MECS or HECS. 

If you show me in April a nor'easter that guidance shows me receiving 20" of snow? Sure, I'm all-in. But once I see footage of baseballs hitting catchers mitts, this T-2" bullshit is just an inconvenience to me. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

The day pitchers and catchers report is the day I begin losing interest in snow, outside of anything that may be MECS or HECS. 

If you show me in April a nor'easter that guidance shows me receiving 20" of snow? Sure, I'm all-in. But once I see footage of baseballs hitting catchers mitts, this T-2" bullshit is just an inconvenience to me. 

You will likely be waiting awhile on that this year.

7 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I'm thinking another 60 game season is in store. 

And nothing will change either.

The owners aren't saints in this, but the players really piss me off to be honest. They want nothing to do with a cap and floor, but they also don't seem to understand a floor means league minimum guys likely make 2 million a year. Sure, you might give up some of the absurd 350 million dollar deals, but more to the minimum guys helps more people. 

Also, the players could get on my good side by fighting for minor league salaries to be raised, but they have not even tried to lump them in with the union.

It surely is rampant greed on both sides, but people tend to forget that this isn't Walmart vs their employees that are making 13/hr....this is the rich vs mega rich so I have a hard time feeling bad for the "poor" players. Honestly, I wish people would spend more time being pissed off at banks and other big corporations rather than being so worried that Mike Trout makes 40 million rather than 30 million.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

And nothing will change either.

The owners aren't saints in this, but the players really piss me off to be honest. They want nothing to do with a cap and floor, but they also don't seem to understand a floor means league minimum guys likely make 2 million a year. Sure, you might give up some of the absurd 350 million dollar deals, but more to the minimum guys helps more people. 

Also, the players could get on my good side by fighting for minor league salaries to be raised, but they have not even tried to lump them in with the union.

It surely is rampant greed on both sides, but people tend to forget that this isn't Walmart vs their employees that are making 13/hr....this is the rich vs mega rich so I have a hard time feeling bad for the "poor" players. Honestly, I wish people would spend more time being pissed off at banks and other big corporations rather than being so worried that Mike Trout makes 40 million rather than 30 million.

Baseball is a dying sport

Greedy assholes 

35 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Sure, you might give up some of the absurd 350 million dollar deals, 

I stopped reading at this because you summed everything up right there. There isn't a player alive right now, Trout, Acuña, Ohtani, Soto, Seager, Freeman, none of them, who are worth these $250 - 350M over the course of ten years deals just based on the risk for injury alone.

It only takes one injury to potentially detonate a player and they'll never be close to what they're being paid and now you're in the back pages of a 300 page document looking for an out because a failed leap to catch a fly ball sent you crashing into the wall (Acuña) and now you're no longer a 40/40 candidate, or a second TJ surgery (Ohtani) has you relegated to DH for half of two seasons and you're finished pitching and have to hope you're able to learn centre field like Rick Ankiel, or your production goes down because they ****ed with the ball again. There's just so much uncertainty that I wouldn't bet on any player I just referenced aside from Trout and to a lesser extent Freeman, to just keep at a pace that dictates such a large deal. 

• Like 1

Just now, MJO812 said:

They get paid way too much money 

Most of the time when I go to Citifield , I bring my own food or BBQ in the lot.

27 dollars to park in the lot 

Food is also way overpriced 

Interesting. My friends and I have been on a ballpark tour over the last few years. Citi Field was up next before the pandemic. I still have $300 worth in tickets to use from 2020 this year before I lose them. 

Now that I know the price to park, I'll stay in NJ and take the train in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Interesting. My friends and I have been on a ballpark tour over the last few years. Citi Field was up next before the pandemic. I still have $300 worth in tickets to use from 2020 this year before I lose them. 

Now that I know the price to park, I'll stay in NJ and take the train in.

That's the best way to go

9 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I stopped reading at this because you summed everything up right there. There isn't a player alive right now, Trout, Acuña, Ohtani, Soto, Seager, Freeman, none of them, who are worth these $250 - 350M over the course of ten years deals just based on the risk for injury alone.

It only takes one injury to potentially detonate a player and they'll never be close to what they're being paid and now you're in the back pages of a 300 page document looking for an out because a failed leap to catch a fly ball sent you crashing into the wall (Acuña) and now you're no longer a 40/40 candidate, or a second TJ surgery (Ohtani) has you relegated to DH for half of two seasons and you're finished pitching and have to hope you're able to learn centre field like Rick Ankiel, or your production goes down because they ****ed with the ball again. There's just so much uncertainty that I wouldn't bet on any player I just referenced aside from Trout and to a lesser extent Freeman, to just keep at a pace that dictates such a large deal. 

Glad you agree. Most baseball fans though adamantly disagree.

I’ll give you pirates fans as example. They CONSTANTLY want to throw stupid money at people even though these contracts for anyone over 26 or so often are disasters. They wanted to sign cutch to an 8 year 180 million dollar deal 4 years ago. They want to extend Bryan Reynolds, who I think is one of the best OF’ers in the game, to an extension without understanding he will command a 250 million dollar deal. They wanted to give ke’bryan Hayes a Tatis like contract based on 100 plate appearances in 2020.

baseball fans are pretty dumb. They think bad owner of they don’t spend stupid money, and yeah some owners are cheap, but all one has to do is look at teams like the Mets, Phillies,rangers, or when San Diego a few years ago tried to buy a good team to see it rarely works.