Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

25 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Took a trip into Clearfield. Roads are garbage and it's still snowing. Winter here is just so radically different from what years in the LSV conditioned me to experience. 

When I moved from Lancaster to DuBois, it was definitely a shock. The biggest differences I noticed were the ability for car doors to freeze shut in the middle of the day, snow showers that actually can accumulate somewhat easily during the heat of the day, and significantly lower dewpoints/humidity (so splendid!) during the summers.

My temp in Marysville dropped to 32 between 7 and 8am and dropped slowly through the day to the current 29 degrees.

Precip picked back up mid morning and the cars and most non treated surfaces had a light glaze of ice that slowly built throughout the day. Then mid afternoon we had a sleet shower for about 1 hour that coated all surfaces.

Maybe next storm it will be our turn to cash in on good snow?

We are due! Every other direction of CTP has been in the bullseye this year. 
Next time… it’s ours!

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I picked up a sixer of Sam Adams Cold Snap at Wegmans for my evening entertainment. 

Well that and the Olympic opening ceremonies. Always need to take advantage of the opportunity to laugh at every country’s costumed. 

one of my top 5 beers.

E and J Apple on the rocks and Ozark marathon session just ended....oh the drama.

2 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

Took a trip into Clearfield. Roads are garbage and it's still snowing. Winter here is just so radically different from what years in the LSV conditioned me to experience. 

This area back here usually does mix and ice events like I’d imagine Worcester, MA does New England nor’easters. Even with how quiet the next week looks you’ll probably see some more snow up on the plateau with the NW flow. 

• Like 1

really tired of tv mets just saying we dodged a bullet oh well the storm didnt do what models forecasted. maybe you should do more of the leg work vs buying what the models always say. no ice at all im glad about that but all these schools closed and worked closed down cause they were calling for .30-.50 you effected peoples lives with being wrong. some accountability needs to happen.

4 hours ago, canderson said:

The next 7 days weather wise are dead. That puts is at mid February. We are running out of chances quick for a real winter. I’m sitting at 9.6” snow. Pitiful. 

MDT is only 5 inches below normal through yesterdays date. Still lots of time make up ground with almost 2 full months of realistic chances to snow.

Our snow results so far are frustrating, but it’s not like really good snow has been far away over the last month. CTP has just missed the jackpot in every direction. 100 miles in either direction of Harrisburg has a little more snow. It’s just been a result of storm tracks that have put us just out of the good snow zone.

It’s bad luck…which means that we are due for our turn to score snow!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

dunno what that means?  You like?  I think its a good series.  Robyn Wright is a talented director IMO.

"Jumped the shark" is used to describe something that is no longer even remotely believable. Even for programming that is fictional. 

I don't think I've ever heard somebody say they enjoyed something that jumped the shark. Not even the episode of Happy Days for which that term earned it's namesake.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

"Jumped the shark" is used to describe something that is no longer even remotely believable. Even for programming that is fictional. 

I don't think I've ever heard somebody say they enjoyed something that jumped the shark. Not even the episode of Happy Days for which that term earned it's namesake.

Video's always help.  I also just remembered I am out of Glad garbage bags.

What a mess the roads are this morning. Between the moon crater sized potholes, black ice, and flooding that's been de-iced by many dump truck loads of salt, it was quite the challenge to get from Tamaqua to Lehighton for my semi annual DOT physical this morning. And while I haven't seen any yet, there are reports of a few near whiteout snow squalls around the area.

Made a trip down to Mifflin county, just outside of Lewistown to play basketball with some friends. The difference in tree appearance becomes night and day once you climb down 322 near Port Matilda. Virtually no ice on the trees and signage, meanwhile it remains an icy hell elsewhere. 

Grass is visible as well. 

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

What a mess the roads are this morning. Between the moon crater sized potholes, black ice, and flooding that's been de-iced by many dump truck loads of salt, it was quite the challenge to get from Tamaqua to Lehighton for my semi annual DOT physical this morning. And while I haven't seen any yet, there are reports of a few near whiteout snow squalls around the area.

Completely dry down here. The wind yesterday dried off most the rain / puddles.We we’re out 2-3 h on re last night and never came across anything slippery. 

When I moved from Lancaster to DuBois, it was definitely a shock. The biggest differences I noticed were the ability for car doors to freeze shut in the middle of the day, snow showers that actually can accumulate somewhat easily during the heat of the day, and significantly lower dewpoints/humidity (so splendid!) during the summers.

Moving from Hershey to State College next month. When we visit family in Philipsburg, it’s shocking how much of a climate change it is. I grew up on the York/Adams border and had an idea, but it’s still shocking how different the weather is when you step out of the car.