Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Cold front madness.   The highs so far today:

THV/York-59

LNS-56

CXY-44

MDT-43

I’m not at all surprised by the high temp for York. I took the dog outside last night about 10 minutes after midnight and I thought for sure it had to be near 60. I hadn’t been expecting a warm up like that for at least a few more hours and maybe it felt milder than it actually was, but imby we definitely spent a decent portion of the overnight hours in the mid 50s, if not pushing 60.

• Like 1

I just cracked below 33 and am at 32.9, however it doesn't matter since the precip is all but over.

Don't look at the GFS as 0Z and 6Z both give MDT 1" of snow for their entire runs.  Obviously that will change at some point.  On the bright side, we're going to have nothing but sunshine and normal to very slightly above temps for the next 7 days.  Normal temps right now are lows in the low 20's and highs around 40.

7 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I just cracked below 33 and am at 32.9, however it doesn't matter since the precip is all but over.

Don't look at the GFS as 0Z and 6Z both give MDT 1" of snow for their entire runs.  Obviously that will change at some point.  On the bright side, we're going to have nothing but sunshine and normal to very slightly above temps for the next 7 days.  Normal temps right now are lows in the low 20's and highs around 40.

Next weekend I won't be surprised if we're flirting with the 60s. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Anyone able to confirm/have ground truth of this ZR report from Lake Ariel? 

Description: Freezing Rain
Magnitude: 0.80 INCH
Report Time: 09:00 am EST - 2/4/2022
Remarks: 

Yes-looks like >.75 inch in the Poconos on the Lackawanna/Wayne county line. Springbrook and Moscow also with heavy freezing rain. Susquehanna and most of Lackawanna just heavy sleet.

22 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Anyone able to confirm/have ground truth of this ZR report from Lake Ariel? 

Description: Freezing Rain
Magnitude: 0.80 INCH
Report Time: 09:00 am EST - 2/4/2022
Remarks: 

No, seems very high, but it's at least in the northeast part of the state and at elevation so I guess it's possible.  Although CTP just put out a PNS and the highest ice accretion was .37" in Cambria County and most were in the .1-.2" range.

Edit:  @Greensnow beat me to it, looks like they did indeed get hammered up that way.

33 minutes ago, Festus said:

32.7.  None of the local WU reporting sites under 32 yet.

1.69" storm total.  Looks like one more batch SW of York still to go here.  

Instead, lets go with an average storm temp of 28 for a Kuchera 20".  Oh what could have been.

1.55" of rain here, temp is down to 31.3. Hasn't rained for close to an hour and my sidewalk is already mostly dry