• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Temp has been slowly starting to fall, down to right at 36ºF currently. Since midnight it has only ranged from 34.3 - 37.4ºF today. Winds are light NNE.

About the only good thing from this whole mess is I’m finally getting to see how my rain gauge is working. That’s at 0.89” for the event so far. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

18z GFS still brings in the Freezing rain to the Harrisburg area before 7am and keeps it going until early afternoon.

E3169CAA-6314-46DD-97BF-0FFD92979B03.png

A2EB3B09-A85E-4303-8232-EB1771C16F67.png

A527AD8F-5D78-43E4-9D74-8007DC32CE0C.png

GFS handled this horribly here. It had been saying that we would be ice and below freezing all day and we rained until just about now.

Looking at the Mesowest obs, the 32ºF line is starting to ooze under the I-80 corridor from the north. About an hour or two ago the nearest <32ºF ob I saw from that direction was Coffin Rock haha. The temp here is now near 35ºF and the NNE breeze has ramped up some gusting up to 15mph, so the low level cold air advection is in action. Been watching the HRRR and I think temps could be to a point to start supporting ZR here a couple hours before it’s been advertising it here (by about 10pm or so vs after midnight). Guess we’ll see. 

• Like 1

33 with some 32 readings starting to sprout up. Should be starting to see some mix in the next two hours.

Really worried about ice up here. All models have .40 to .60 and local weather started to highlight the problems once you get close to .50. Still calling for heavy sleet to cut down on ice but we will see.

20 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Looking at the Mesowest obs, the 32ºF line is starting to ooze under the I-80 corridor from the north. About an hour or two ago the nearest <32ºF ob I saw from that direction was Coffin Rock haha. The temp here is now near 35ºF and the NNE breeze has ramped up some gusting up to 15mph, so the low level cold air advection is in action. Been watching the HRRR and I think temps could be to a point to start supporting ZR here a couple hours before it’s been advertising it here (by about 10pm or so vs after midnight). Guess we’ll see. 

The next Amwx convention should consider coffin rock for a possible location.  Lol.

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z NAM INCREASED the ice amounts for the Harrisburg area on BOTH the 12k & 3k.

Temps should crash by 7 am according to the 12k NAM.

I wonder if I can get away with calling out based on what's supposed to happen an hour or so beyond my start time vs the ground truth AT my start time? I just really don't want to be out driving in an ice storm, but...

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

I wonder if I can get away with calling out based on what's supposed to happen an hour or so beyond my start time vs the ground truth AT my start time? I just really don't want to be out driving in an ice storm, but...

I just turned on the Weather Channel and the ice was nasty in Memphis & Dallas.

24 minutes ago, canderson said:

The fact it’s sleeting in upstate NY where they expected a foot of snow is a tell. 

Please show us where...??

Barnes corners, lowville, old forge, lake placid.....all snow.  https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=44.2821&lon=-73.9828#.YfyUO-pKiUk and many locals have been snowing since this afternoon. 

Maybe southern NY, but not northern. 

• Like 1