• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

CTP's noon discussion for the LSV really downplays any zr. Says any frozen precip will be sleet (my grid says less than half inch of sleet/snow and a whooooole lot of rain).

Key part of disco:

Total snow/sleet accumulations of 6+ inches are most likely
across the NW mtns where a winter storm warning is probably
needed with the next forecast cycle. The remainder of the CWA
looks advisory worthy - however a rain to heavy sleet (0.5-2")
scenario followed by a freeze-up can be just as or even more
impactful than a straight warning level snow accumulation. We
are most concerned about this type of outcome.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

CTP's noon discussion for the LSV really downplays any zr. Says any frozen precip will be sleet (my grid says less than half inch of sleet/snow and a whooooole lot of rain).

Key part of disco:

Total snow/sleet accumulations of 6+ inches are most likely
across the NW mtns where a winter storm warning is probably
needed with the next forecast cycle. The remainder of the CWA
looks advisory worthy - however a rain to heavy sleet (0.5-2")
scenario followed by a freeze-up can be just as or even more
impactful than a straight warning level snow accumulation. We
are most concerned about this type of outcome.

Thanks good discussion. 

1 hour ago, paweather said:

GFS still about 3" of snow on Friday I'll take getting white again

I'm telling ya....its out to score a coupe, or it has an affinity for eatin crow.  I really like that its eekin south again (so did NAM) as well as shows a quicker changeover here.  Hoping the Euro comes in a bit better as well and we might actually have more than consolation snows. 

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

I'm telling ya....its out to score a coupe, or it has an affinity for eatin crow.  I really like that its eekin south again (so did NAM) as well as shows a quicker changeover here.  Hoping the Euro comes in a bit better as well and we might actually have more than consolation snows. 

Yep GFS has been consistent all along. NAM is getting there. Definitely will be fun or not fun watching the EURO 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I feel like MAG, KTX, and myself are going to be in a weird spot with this one being not far enough NW to get the good stuff but not east and south enough for all the liquid. It's tough to tell. 

You'll have the least amount of taint and less duration in liquid form IMO.  SW winds no matter where SLP is below us, are still SW winds.  Frontal boundary, as I've said all along, is the key to victory for all.  The quicker it gets here is time we dont lose to taint....and its all about the taint.

As of 12:30 pm the sun is out, occasional very light breeze, the temp is hovering just under 41 and it feels like what I always expect mid/late March to feel like. (I’m often disappointed in mid/late March because it feels much colder and more  blustery than this) 

I wouldn’t call it “spring like”, exactly, but it’s mild. The K9 companion emphatically approves. I think this is me coming down with Spring Fever 

1 minute ago, Streak said:

As of 12:30 pm the sun is out, occasional very light breeze, the temp is hovering just under 41 and it feels like what I always expect mid/late March to feel like. (I’m often disappointed in mid/late March because it feels much colder and more  blustery than this) 

I wouldn’t call it “spring like”, exactly, but it’s mild. The K9 companion emphatically approves. I think this is me coming down with Spring Fever 

After the deep cold of late (especially the mins), its hard not to feel good on a day like today.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Streak said:

Just went out for a lunchtime walk around our campus. I'm a cold guy but it feels really good. After a month of lots of cold and little snow...yeah, this is something to look forward to in the coming weeks. 

• Like 1