Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

5 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Parts of Long Island will see over 2 feet also.

Reading reports that the band you highlighted in your previous post is producing 4-6"/hour rates. That'll add to totals fairly quickly. :)

Okay - my Uncle is reporting 13.5" in Lewes. Cousin is reporting 14" about 2 miles inland from Bethany. 

Final total was 1.4” I measured very early this morning. There was a nice little fluff band around 3-4am that added the extra. Temp is only 16ºF currently with a dewpoint under -6ºF, certainly a sign of an actual arctic airmass in place. Will have to see if I can get my 3rd below zero low this month tonight, the wind might keep that from happening. 

Well today’s Canadian and especially the Euro perfectly illustrate my point yesterday about not sleeping on that late week storm. Heck the Euro has 6+ of snow in a large portion of PA along with the ice referenced above. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Final total was 1.4” I measured very early this morning. There was a nice little fluff band around 3-4am that added the extra. Temp is only 16ºF currently with a dewpoint under -6ºF, certainly a sign of an actual arctic airmass in place. Will have to see if I can get my 3rd below zero low this month tonight, the wind might keep that from happening. 

Well today’s Canadian and especially the Euro perfectly illustrate my point yesterday about not sleeping on that late week storm. Heck the Euro has 6+ of snow in a large portion of PA along with the ice referenced above. 

I had one more sub-zero day than you? I never would have thought. Here were my three so far...

1/16 @ -1.5

1/22 @ -4.4

1/27 @ -0.8

19 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Gotta think between Brockton and Taunton 3 foot totals will be met.

So far, there are no reports (officially anyway) of totals over 20". Quoting a post on Facebook from the NWS Eastern Region HQ.

Snowfall reports received as of 230 pm Saturday. Highest totals by state so far:
NJ - Bayville 19"
NY - Bay Shore 18.5"
MA - Norton 17.6"
RI - Warren 17"
DE - Lewes 14.2"
CT - Ledyard Center 14.1"
MD - Ocean Pines 14"
TN - Mt. Leconte 12"
WV - Rock Cave 11"
NC - Burnsville 9.7"
VA - Oak Hall 9.5"
ME - East Machias 9"