• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Low of 12 here.  Trends overnight were.....not good.  On the other hand, there seems to be great consensus amongst the models in sending a Low up the Ohio Valley to our west and providing us with quite the rain maker mid to late next week.  Granted, still 200+ hours out on that one.  Still pulling for that westward shift of the coastal but running out of time.  Overall, not a lot to be excited about in the near to medium term.

11 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Itstrainingtime   @Atomixwx, the Wiz just made the Sizers Clipper collapse look like Childs play.  Maybe a top ten ever NBA collapse.   Lost a 35 point 2nd half lead and give up 7 points in the last 8 seconds. 

Funny you mentioned this, I got home last night around 11:30 and was reading the ESPN app while getting prepared for today. Right after I read about the goings-on in the Association last evening, I came on here and saw your post. Give the Clippers some props for not folding the tent, especially on the road. 

Kyle Elliott posted a fantastic discussion last evening on the weekend storm. Holy crap does that guy go into detail! It must take him an hour or two just to write his discussions. Anyway, it's too long to post here but I recommend checking it out here:  https://www.millersville.edu/weathercenter/forecasts/weather-discussion.php

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Funny you mentioned this, I got home last night around 11:30 and was reading the ESPN app while getting prepared for today. Right after I read about the goings-on in the Association last evening, I came on here and saw your post. Give the Clippers some props for not folding the tent, especially on the road. 

Second largest come back in the the history of the NBA.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

Look how far off the coast this is crazy:

namconus_ref_frzn_us_42.png

NAM still trying to figure out which bundle of energy to put it's L stamp on...lol

it moves NNW from there to 200 miles off mouth of DE bay and at 75 is 100 miles West of 6z.  This isnt done yet gang.  

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

I hope not but it is discouraging 

I get it man.  If we trend E today....put a fork in another one.  NAM is notably west from most other guidance, and may be an outlier....or a trendsetter.  We find out in next couple hours.  

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I get it man.  If we trend E today....put a fork in another one.  NAM is notably west from most other guidance, and may be an outlier....or a trendsetter.  We find out in next couple hours.  

You know how I feel about those colorful maps and all...but you gotta check out the NAM's snow map. NW tip of Lanco gets < 1" while the SE corner is approaching 10". 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You know how I feel about those colorful maps and all...but you gotta check out the NAM's snow map. NW tip of Lanco gets < 1" while the SE corner is approaching 10". 

I've not looked.  My concern is going a bit against the suggestion of interaction of the waa snows w/ the arctic boundary and the bombing LP offshore.  IF GFS is correct,  I can see it presenting like a miller b where a jip zone is sandwiched in between and a tight gradient (as you suggested NAM shows) is a legit threat.  Thats why I"m hoping NAM is correct w/ SLP placement as it has a better interaction because of closer spacing.  Dunno...

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This type of gradient is common for these storms: (and typically, the ground truth ends up about 50 miles east of what is showing on these maps)

76316BC3-9678-4445-9E28-D451EFDF8D8E.png

oof.  that IS harsh...But like you said, often typical when systems are still blossoming at or just below our latitude.  Gotta root for quicker coastal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This type of gradient is common for these storms: (and typically, the ground truth ends up about 50 miles east of what is showing on these maps)

It hasn't been all bad news since the 0Z suite but what you are saying right here is my biggest worry.  Typically, at go time the western extent of the precip shield doesn't materialize as modeled.  If you are on the western edge prepare to be disappointed.  So we need some cushion which we clearly don't have.  Then let's say the NAM and Euro are just a bit overamped and move slightly to the GFS and they basically meet in the middle.  That's game over for anyone in this sub.  Let's hope we can pull a miracle 12 seconds to get into field goal range Andy Reid magic...I think we need it!

1 minute ago, GrandmasterB said:

It hasn't been all bad news since the 0Z suite but what you are saying right here is my biggest worry.  Typically, at go time the western extent of the precip shield doesn't materialize as modeled.  If you are on the western edge prepare to be disappointed.  So we need some cushion which we clearly don't have.  Then let's say the NAM and Euro are just a bit overamped and move slightly to the GFS and they basically meet in the middle.  That's game over for anyone in this sub.  Let's hope we can pull a miracle 12 seconds to get into field goal range Andy Reid magic...I think we need it!

Exactly right, miracle is what we need 

4 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

This is 100% truth, and why I was saying yesterday that we need the purples on those snow maps to extend well west of us, or we're going to be on the outside looking in. My biggest discouragement this morning is that guidance has not moved the precip west, if anything most has ticked (or more than ticked) back east. Even the guidance that gets us has us right on the razor's edge. That likely spells fail.

Having said that...it's Wednesday. It's complex. And it still could change. 

• Like 4