Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

21 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

GFS and GEFS in close agreement for this weekend....

:whistle:

18 minutes ago, paweather said:

I think GAME ON!

Plus side: I get to play in some deep snow with my new Jeep. 

Negative side: It'll screw me up loading in Tower City. Chains were suggested by the guy who plows the well property, but I ain't throwing iron, and the boss doesn't want them on the trucks.

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Man I sure hope so, but it's Monday and there is a LOT that can go wrong with this setup. This is particularly fragile and could break a lot of weenie hearts. 

Trends today have been good but it's too early to say with any confidence that we're looking good. 

I agree and I think the Euro is a miss

23 minutes ago, paweather said:

I agree and I think the Euro is a miss

technically its still a miss...but Euro definitely came west w/ SLP and precip shield now into eastern 1/3 of Pa.  at 0z it was still into NJ.  

Summary of nooners, is that they all came around to the idea of a storm.  While some of us are a bit more snakebit than others, consensus cannot be denied....just debated.  If one follows the theme of the season...yes, Trainer is on point to be worried (and I worry right w/ him), but there is something to watch for sure.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

technically its still a miss...but Euro definitely came west w/ SLP and precip shield now into eastern 1/3 of Pa.  at 0z it was still into NJ.  

Summary of nooners, is that they all came around to the idea of a storm.  While some of us are a bit more snakebit than others, consensus cannot be denied....just debated.  If one follows the theme of the season...yes, Trainer is on point to be worried (and I worry right w/ him), but there is something to watch for sure.

Should be an interesting week of tracking

Well this a start

Friday
A chance of snow showers after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday Night
A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday
A chance of snow showers before 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

On 1/23/2022 at 2:00 PM, Festus said:

As has been the case here recently, blue overhead on radar, slate gray sky ... and ... bupkis.  DP is 16 so sure looks like bupkis will continue for quite a bit longer.

Same shit...different day.  Except DP is 19 now.  Too funny.  Is anyone getting anything from this so far?  What's moving through Pittsburg right now doesn't look too bad.

11 minutes ago, Festus said:

Same shit...different day.  Except DP is 19 now.  Too funny.  Is anyone getting anything from this so far?  What's moving through Pittsburg right now doesn't look too bad.

Probably won’t produce the 2-4” that yesterday’s did here, but maybe another 1-2”. Just had a heavier burst winding down.  Might crack 15” in the last 8 days, so no complaints. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Festus said:

Pretty sure MAG showed us a snow map yesterday for this next clipper and it showed the precip only barely making it to me and then nothing east of there unless you were mid sv or north.  Laurels were the winner again with 3-4".  It's funny, I feel like I'm reliving yesterday as the overcast moved in here pretty quickly after lunchtime and now it's just a dark gray, looking like snow.  I don't think lanco sees anything more than flurries to a dusting at best.

21 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Pretty sure MAG showed us a snow map yesterday for this next clipper and it showed the precip only barely making it to me and then nothing east of there unless you were mid sv or north.  Laurels were the winner again with 3-4".  It's funny, I feel like I'm reliving yesterday as the overcast moved in here pretty quickly after lunchtime and now it's just a dark gray, looking like snow.  I don't think lanco sees anything more than flurries to a dusting at best.

I didn't think we were supposed to see anything. 

It's mainly cloudy here, but the sky doesn't look like it did yesterday. (it doesn't look like snow)

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

18z GFS's solution illustrates one of many things that can go wrong. Progressive...

Good thing we still have some time.

Hopefully everything trends to a 12z Canadian like solution.

Everything is still on the table, from partly cloudy to side swiped by a few inches of snow to major coastal snow storm.

@losetoa6

I’m not sure why some folks in the interior mid Atlantic thread crew are writing off the chance at a better outcome for the coastal?

The 12z Canadian today showed how this can work for all of us to get a good snow hit. 
We still have a couple of days until this will be resolved. It won’t take much to get what we need to score a Warning level event back here.

59 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I'm about to build a bobsled real quick and go sliding down Rte 53. If you start in Kylertown, it's a gradual down slope until the red light at 322 in Philipsburg. 

Who needs Beijing? 

You’d probably get more speed going down Sandy Ridge Mountain from P-burg to the Snappy’s in Bald Eagle lol.