Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Thx.  I saw it and yes, its nice.  500's look great and only concern is that the Ens guidance is notably east of the op, so I'm cautious w/ my optimism.  Normally we'd say "right where we want it", but the southern slider theme cannot be ignored this year....

Ensembles normally are the way to go 1 week out, but with the storm last weekend that was the inland runner, the ensembles did not do too well even up to near game time, so who knows…lol !

The last 24 hours of runs have produced all of the options from slider, to inland runner to perfect track coastal.

We are in the game, and that is the main point at this range.

3DAC2ED2-4763-4FA9-A982-A4B3B492E821.thumb.jpeg.8612538d9ec7a1cc78dd1cb4efc8110f.jpeg

-3ºF was the low here this morning. Browsing the meso obs it looked like a lot of lows in the -7 to -10 range outside of town up and down the I-99 corridor. Weather station in south Philipsburg up by Atomix had a -13ºF. Looked like the big winner was the one in the northern tier near Smethport that’s always super cold, bottomed out at -21ºF. Euro def did well seeing the radiational cooling.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

3DAC2ED2-4763-4FA9-A982-A4B3B492E821.thumb.jpeg.8612538d9ec7a1cc78dd1cb4efc8110f.jpeg

-3ºF was the low here this morning. Browsing the meso obs it looked like a lot of lows in the -7 to -10 range outside of town up and down the I-99 corridor. Weather station in south Philipsburg up by Atomix had a -13ºF. Looked like the big winner was the one in the northern tier near Smethport that’s always super cold, bottomed out at -21ºF. Euro def did well seeing the radiational cooling.

Smethport holds the state record low of -42.    Halfway there 

6 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Nam looked good.   But it really was bad on last advisory event.  

GFS really lost it at 6z.  That concerns me, but hoping it was just frozen pipes and that 12z still shows.  NWS now shows r/s likely for Tuesday, so I'll take that as a win.  Headed out for the day.  Happy weekend all.

Heating that 0 dewpoint air to 70 gives an RH of a whopping 6%   Probably the thing I detest the most is the feeling of moisture getting wicked away from every nook and cranny.  And for today's interesting fact, the global highest temperature in the past 24 hours was 115 in Australia.  And the coldest was -66 in Russia.  In fact, the top 15 coldest past 24 hour readings were all from Russia.  No wonder they want to invade Ukraine.  At least it's a little warmer there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

Good stuff. CTP has a report of -23 from Smethport in its PNS. :huh: