• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

I like how it's just "the storm," like it either has to be the biblical, 100 footer that kills everyone and rings in an early spring, or nothing. 

There's nobody left. They all went on a Sheetz run during "the storm," and we never heard from them. A thousand years later after the glaciated snow had all thawed after the Gamma Ray blurp of 3022, we found their bodies with mozzarella sticks frozen in their mouths. 

Edit: 3022 because it's still January and I'm still ****ing up the switch in year 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I like how it's just "the storm," like it either has to be the biblical, 100 footer that kills everyone and rings in an early spring, or nothing. 

There's nobody left. They all went on a Sheetz run during "the storm," and we never heard from them. A thousand years later after the glaciated snow had all thawed after the Gamma Ray blurp of 3022, we found their bodies with mozzarella sticks frozen in their mouths. 

Edit: 3022 because it's still January and I'm still ****ing up the switch in year 

when i read your posts,  I hear it in John Candys voice 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

Well at any rate, looks like the Euro has the storm today haha. The Canadian did too, but it was slower by about a day or so and it was just approaching our region by it’s hour 240. 

for the models that have it, they sure do have a doozy. 

I'm not convinced its a "pattern changer" either.  850 temp anomalies show plenty of blue  and while not as deep, still enough to get plenty done in Feb.  Last look at tellies wasnt too terrible either. Only "bad" one was PNA heading -.  Could be overcome by AO that still looks to be slightly - as well.

Well the southeast was crushed at 12z and New England was the target at 18z on the gfs.   Maybe mid Atlantic will get a turn next run.   One things for sure, that’s a monster storm showing up.   Just looked up that 93 storm had a low pressure of 960mb.    Does anyone know the record low pressure for a noreaster?  The 960 might be it.   

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Hi 20 . I was glad to quit early today . Hopefully the Sunday and Tuesday systems trend for the better.  

I wouldn't sleep on Tuesday. 

Most people seem to be focused on next weekend but Tuesday could be a sneaky event. Especially for m/d and PA.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Well the southeast was crushed at 12z and New England was the target at 18z on the gfs.   Maybe mid Atlantic will get a turn next run.   One things for sure, that’s a monster storm showing up.   Just looked up that 93 storm had a low pressure of 960mb.    Does anyone know the record low pressure for a noreaster?  The 960 might be it.   

Let’s do this…this storm in some form should hit somewhere on the east coast….why not CTP!?!?

1 hour ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

What’s a 1500 mile swing between 6 hours?