Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

28 minutes ago, paweather said:

Low in the gulf on Tuesday *** Forget it completely falls apart. 

That one might be our next shot at something decent.  NS and SS almost did it but not sure were gonna slow the NS down at that timestamp.  Quicker ejection from SS could do it though, but thats just wishcasting.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, paweather said:

Right around 240 another shot as well.

Yeah pattern looks less boring, but now timing seems to be the challenge.  Glad to see the cold doesnt overwhelm for long.  Hope we have stuff to track by the weekend.  I'm looking forward to cutting firewood in the snow Saturday.  

• Like 1

All this long range eye candy is making me giddy.  Since it takes a little over a month for air to traverse the globe, maybe the southern storm can come back around a little more tucked next month.  Now we just need to lobby for a 768 GFS panel.  And how does Accuweather manage those daily forecasts 3 months out anyway?  Calling for a little rain on Easter Sunday (April 17th).  Bummer.  But at least the high will be 66.  

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

40 minutes ago, Festus said:

All this long range eye candy is making me giddy.  Since it takes a little over a month for air to traverse the globe, maybe the southern storm can come back around a little more tucked next month.  Now we just need to lobby for a 768 GFS panel.  And how does Accuweather manage those daily forecasts 3 months out anyway?  Calling for a little rain on Easter Sunday (April 17th).  Bummer.  But at least the high will be 66.  

I'd bet @canderson's life savings it's not anywhere near 66 on Easter. 

4 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Serious question…do Clippers exist anymore? When I was young it felt like we had one every few weeks, and they’d sometimes over perform with 3 to 5 inch amounts. Now it seems everything is a southern stream suppress fest and nothing clipper wise out of north.

On 1/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, TimB84 said:

You know why they no longer happen, but this probably isn’t the time or place to discuss it.

4 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Serious question…do Clippers exist anymore? When I was young it felt like we had one every few weeks, and they’d sometimes over perform with 3 to 5 inch amounts. Now it seems everything is a southern stream suppress fest and nothing clipper wise out of north.

In the right pattern there'd be one or two per week...

• Like 1

WWA issued for Berks and Chester counties down this way.

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 11 AM EST
THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to 2
  inches, with local amounts up to 3 inches possible.

* WHERE...Portions of northern New Jersey and eastern
  Pennsylvania.